• Thread starter ince
  • Start date
  • Views 2,083
  • Replies 8
I

ince

OP
hi

sorry if this has been answered previously but can someone who knows post a quick reply to save me a bit of time searching.

i have firmware 3.1U on my Wii. i have tried Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and when i click the channel icon it says i need to update firmware. is this safe to do or do i need to do anything to the iso before burning.

Lloyd14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If u have a USA wii and the iso is USA then u can update, but it probably won't update cuz metroid is a pretty old game.
IF THE ISO IS PAL OR JAP DON'T UPDATE!!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If the game is from your own region, it's safe to update.
Even if you have the latest firmware, the upgrade may still be required. Some games contain only a small update for that specific game. The general firmware updates do not include that update, so you must still install it

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
So its not okay to update my Wii with Mario Strikers Charged FootBall(EU) on my US modded CycloWiz?

Wouldn't if I were you, although if you system update to 3.1 via the wii settings menu it'll be fine.

As an aside, don't know why people take risks on games from other regions when the correct version for their own region is readily available?

I

ince

OP
on a related note i have a usa Wii with 3.1U firmware and i have just got a pre burned wii chess. when i load the disc it asks for an update. is this safe on a usa wii or should i just download again and use brickblocker before trying it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou