Gaming Metroid Prime 3 10/10

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
such babble over a review score, who cares what magazine it is, i think all reviews are complete and utter bs. Aside from the knowledge and spoilers you might gain from reading one, the score is completely irrelevant each and every individual gamer! MP3 will be a good game... will it be a 10? to some, yes.. to others, no. But at least the score indicates that it will be enjoyable for some period of time, at least... and thats more then can be said about the majority of wii games

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
in related news, bring on bioshock
tongue.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yeah sometimes they score a game low but normally this isn't a game nintendo developed...example:

Puzzle Quest

Nintendo Power
 Â
4 out of 10 = 40%

Average Ratio: 82.0%

hrmm yeah they sure did fuck that one up

I'd give it even less. It rips off zoo keeper, which ripped off bejeweled, which is probably a rip-off from some older game I don't remember. Just for that, it and zoo keeper, (although ZK's a GREAT multiplayer game) deserve a score under 5. PQ gameplay may appeal to slow-pokes, but OMG it's got RPG elements so let's all praise this game.
Even pirated, it didn't stay long on my SC.

Definitely not an 82% in my book.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I'm not a fanboy considering I've owned every (ms excluded) major and moderately major console system from the last 20years and enjoyed them all.

...and 2) opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they stink. My point still stands well and if you hit up a place like gamerankings.com where it will show if the magazine or online site is on par with the averages, they fit in quite comfy not showing some obvious disparaging bias (while 1up/egm do by quite a bit.) Just because you may like Puzzle Quest, doesn't mean one unique reviewer elsewhere will to. And as Hitto just said in very good terms, the game does blow to him even more than a 4/10 for pretty good reasons too. But also again, his opinion, doesn't mean it matches yours.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I like a review to be technically accurate, I mean I want to know if the game is well programmed and visuals and audio are top notch.
If a game meets those requirements that nobody can argue over ( if it is undeniable gorgeous to look at and full of details, with a smooth framerate) then it's already a winner.
Than comes is personal taste in games genre and story, and if you happen to like sci-fi and action shooters and further more you are have fond memories of previous Metroid games then I don't see why such a game can't get a 10/10.
You might be adverse to FPS in general or maybe you can't stand Nintendo for some reason, but nobody can argue if a game or a concept is absolutely superbly executed, like I expect MP3 to be.
So reviews do matter to me, but only to certain extent, because I look for quality games; but then I couldn't care less about Metal Gear for example, and even though the game might get high scores I still not gonna buy it, because of personal preference.
Of course I don't look at the final score and then decide to get a game just because it scored high, it's got to be something that I would enjoy to play, and that is my opinion alone.
But if I'm already interested in a game, then a good review might give me more reason to get a certain title.
For example I liked Far Cry for the PC, and sadly the Wii version was bad, and that I know of because f the reviews.
But as it stands, not only do I like MP3 but it's also getting good reviews , so yes, I can't wait to play it !!!

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
To that end, Corruption exemplifies the Metroid experience better than any game before it.
To that end, Corruption exemplifies the Metroid experience better than any game before it.

OH YEAH!!!!
rofl2.gif

Better than Super Metroid? We shall see!

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They did give Pokemon for the wii a 4.5 sooo I dunno how biases they are. But whatever I don't read reviews for the score and always check out games for myself...shit I didn't like Metroid for the Gamcube soooo in the end I guess thats why they say opinions are like assholes.....

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep! Opinions ARE like assholes..everyone has got one, but you may like some better than others, and some you just wanna **** without thinking - in other words some games you just buy cos of the name...

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

OH YEAH!!!!Â
rofl2.gif

Better than Super Metroid? We shall see!

It can't be better than Super Metroid. MP3 is an FPS.

I'm playing MP1 right now (almost done), and I can see how MP3 can be better. But... the MP series suffers from a lack of 3rd person view mode. This is very apparent when you're platform jumping. Who likes seeing a screenfull of wall?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
So what games do deserve a 10? The reviews are just another opinion of someone. I still wouldn't say Nintendo Power is biased, though. I'm sure if every review used .1 increments some games wouldn't be perfect 10's.

Megaman 2 & 3, Final Fantasy 6 & 7, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana. These games deserve perfect score.

I personally think Metroid Prime 1 was awesome, maybe not perfect score because there's a few things I don't like about it.
If Metroid Prime 3 does away with this I would give it perfect score... (Prime 2 didn't)
But yeah Prime 3 is the first real Wii game I'll actually play on my wii
tongue.gif
A friend will chip my wii this week. I'm looking forward to dl Metroid Prime 3 as the game isn't released here in Europe until 10/26/07. But I will buy it on releasedate.. Can't miss out on a Metroid-game!
biggrin.gif

*shows it's next-gen on gfx? I doubt
wink.gif

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
lol, im sorry...

but any solid first person shooter withought a multiplayer does definatly not deserve a 10/10.

i dont care if the game has jesus fucking christ in it... no multiplayer means alot of creativity and game design is missing out on the title, and theres alot less playback.
thus rendering a 10/10 perfect score impossible

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first 2 primes I hated. But this seems more like a shooter than adventure, so I'm definitely getting it

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol, im sorry...

but any solid first person shooter withought a multiplayer does definatly not deserve a 10/10.

i dont care if the game has jesus fucking christ in it... no multiplayer means alot of creativity and game design is missing out on the title, and theres alot less playback.
Tell that to Bioshock...

And also the entire Metroid series was either the love it or hate it type of games. Or is it just the Prime series?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
lol, im sorry...

don't be stupid, if you want to play a multiplayer FPS, I dunno.. grab any 1 of 3 games on any console ever?
multiplayer is good sure, single player is far more important, look at metroid prime hunters, it had almost no single player and people are still complaining about that.

and as coolbho said, Metroid Prime 3 isn't an FPS

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol, im sorry...

Congratulations for not understanding the Metroid series
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel