Gaming Metroid Prime 3 10/10

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah modshroom has his head wedged somewhere very tight if he truly believes basically all games to a degree suck and are lacking if some mindless and/or groundbreakingly inventive(possible anymore in a FPS) multiplaying aspect is left out.

Bullshit on that. Metroid Prime 1 and looking to be 3 have gotten insanely high rankings as has Bioshock and a few others and they got dick to do with multiplay. Be a multiplayer nazi all you want, but in the end that stuff is insanely shallow and superficial outside of just giving some compelling weapons, moves, and arenas to blow the crap out of friends and unknowns alike. A true game can have that or not have that at all and still be near perfection rating worthy if the world, controls, plot, etc mesh so damn nicely there's little to nothing to bitch about at all and shows a level of peak perfection at that point in time for said system/computer.

MP3 appears it may just do this, it will be the first real WII benchmark setter on where people afterwords will have 'goddamnit now I have to try and not just port' mentality and it will force more advancements and using better than probably a 1/3 of that systems potential. Bioshock much can be said the same for where it's busting ground and doing that thing it does as well.

I truly pity anyone who needs to have a MP environment in a game to think it's complete, be satisfied, or at least even bother playing it at all as it says little for your imagination, creativity, attention span, and other issues as well. MP gaming is a nice addition, but it's not a requirement or a must to make something great.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah multi player doesn't mean shit to me if the game itself is a work of art.

Don't get me wrong multiplayer is good fun I just don't think games like these with awesome single player really need it.

gEist

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
6ez6jyp.jpg

63jxjr6.jpg

jeez... someone on gaf already have it...
frown.gif

and now i hope someone can dump it and that it will work on pal :>
bow.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MP1 9/10 (Excellent game, brilliant visuals for the time and proves that Nintendo can still turn 2D games into 3D without making them too different)
MP2 8/10 (Kinda felt it was more of the same, but it did feel more accessible. Multiplayer was horrible)
MPH 7/10 (It could've been a lot better, my problems with it is the length of the levels and with it being more of a shooter than a puzzle/adventure/shooter)

From what everyone who has played it MP3 said, should be the best of the Prime series. It'll be nice to have a great deep title to play on my Wii again.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just buy the game pirate...sheesh. There aren't a lot of 'core' titles for the system and the more sales we see the more likely a fair bit of these games will still keep coming instead of like a 90/10 split between non-gamer material and the rest.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first 2 primes I hated. But this seems more like a shooter than adventure, so I'm definitely getting it

I really, really hope you're kidding.
ohmy.gif

@modshroom128 - Problem is, Prime 3 is not a first person shooter.
Nope, I couldn't stand the first 2 primes. Too little of a story line, too easy, and too much platforming and the gamecube controller is awkward. I beat the first prime and got halfway through the second, but I mean I bought them, and I feel like i have to beat them if I buy them >_>.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes I felt the same way linkiboi, I just couldn't get into them and the controls pissed me off so much. If I remember correctly you couldn't strafe?

mp3 will ownz tho

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing that button must be lock-on(L), but that's why you don't call Metroid Prime a FPS. And are those pictures from someone who actually got it at a store or just some reviewer's copy?

Edit: It's just a review copy, isn't it?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically this is how it (failed) to work.

1) Run into area.
2) Start getting raped by a plasma cannon from a pair of space pirates.
3) Stand there and get shot in the face for a few moments.
4) While being shot to shit Hold L button then move your left analog about and when on top of a moving target, set your lock.
5) NOW with the lock you are enabled to strafe and fire at the same time + the lock allows you to track the target to apply the return fire.

That's how MP1 and 2 worked. That's exactly why I quite on the Omega Pirate (he's easy, the 3 pricks with him aren't who are constantly there.) And that's why I NEVER bought Prime 2. It was the dumbest thing ever wasting an entire second analog stick to fucking hot-switch your lame visors. Easily could have been double mapped using a button as a hot button or pause/switch as 1000s of games before it have done.

MP3 actually lets you aim and shoot freely so you're finally on equal ground with those same moving fast bobbing targets and THAT is why I'm buying it. Properly played out controls finally applied to damn what nintendo claims, a first person shooter.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know, I really liked MP1 and two, and even though the controls scheme was different from any other FPS there was a damn good reason to do so, and that was stand out and above competition, offering a true 3D platform adventure in first person view.
When I think of those nights spent playing trough the previous MP I really feel nostalgic and sad.
I can't wait to get my hands on MP3 !!

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Why won't it work? There are loads of US games that work on PAL systems...
Because nintendo probably knows how to make games so it doesn't work on other regions. And they doesn't want that their "big" game gets to be played by europeans before launch. So they're going to make it to work on ntsc-u consoles. (assuming that they know how to do it and that they wants to be evil)
Atleast that is what i would do, but maybe we are lucky and it works on pal.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-