Metroid Prime 3 10/10

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by coolbho3000, Aug 19, 2007.

Aug 19, 2007

Metroid Prime 3 10/10 by coolbho3000 at 12:32 AM (4,739 Views / 0 Likes) 58 replies

1. coolbho3000
    OP

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture005xr5.jpg

Yes, a 10/10 by none other than Nintendo Power. I'm typing up the article from the scan right now, I have all but the last column done, which seems impossibly illegible. Can anyone with mad reading skills please do the last column?

EDIT: Whoops, removed for high bandwidth use. Visit Gonintendo if you don't believe me.

EDIT: Found a full version on the IGN boards. Enjoy. This confirms that MP3 does use WiiConnect24 (which I think has to do with the Achievement like things you get in game).

2. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Epic win for samus.
    Now the game will be leaked to the internets! Don't count on that.

3. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    10/10? Wow, Im not surprised at all. When I played the game at Nintendo World, I knew it was gonna be one hell of a game. [​IMG]

4. Ben_j

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Yeah but Nintendo World = official mag. I'll wait for more objective reviews. But it's supa-cool anyway [​IMG]
    And I wouldn't believe it if a Metroid Prime game was bad...

5. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    Talk about bias xD Of course they'll give it a perfect point, it's the friggin' Nintendo Power. I'll wait for IGN's review.

6. coolbho3000
    OP

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Nintendo Power is not very biased at all. They will even give some Nintendo published games a lower score than the press average. The only other game to score a 10 by them was RE4 for Gamecube, and Nintendo had nothing to do with that title.

7. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Don't think that just because Nintendo Power is the "official" magazine, that they don't grade fairly. There are times when they give their own games lousy reviews. They gave Geist a 5 out of 10. That's lower then the average ratio of reviews from 55 places (source). Maybe the reason Nintendo Power gives Nintendo games good scores most of the time is because...gee I don't know...because they're fun?

LAWL. I'll reference Penny Arcade on this one. "IGN whose official rating scale starts at 7"

8. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia

They can't be too obvious but you'll find the reviews are on average higher than other independent reviewers.
    I'm sure MP3 will be good but I'm not going to expect it to be a 10/10 game.

9. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Okay, until one of you guys starts givin' me numbers, I'm thinking the same thing, why would nintendo power NOT be praising their own product?
    Some numbers have been given that may make me think otherwise, now who will prove that they'll give any crap a good score?

10. spokenrope

Member spokenrope c7

United States
    Bioshock has been dropping perfect scores like it's its job over the past week or so. Hopefully MP3 can achieve the same level of success.

11. Icarus

United States
    Haha well maybe that's kinda true but can you name me a better site? Gamespot? 1UP? Pfffff puh-leeeaaasssseeeeeee [​IMG] At least IGN seems to be the most honest among all of those. I like their reviews and their ratings look fine to me.

12. Icarus

United States
    Oh and did you guys know that Nintendo Power gave Metroid Prime Hunters [for DS] a whopping 8.5 ? Does anyone think that game actually deserves thata rating ?

13. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    8.5 sounds about right, it's great for a handheld FPS.

Prime 3, I am so psyched, I hope it gets GOTY from atleast one place

14. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    I figured someone would be a whiny bitch in here and cry that NOA was propping up their own game soon as I saw who had the early copy.

Before trying to play that retarded ass cop-out card why not go back through the history of that magazine and see how many perfect scores they've ever given under that 10point scale, or even the 5 point one too. I think it's either one or never...so that says plenty to me despite being a first party mag. If the game really truly is that damn good and unflawed to deserve it, then good. NOA has no reason to prop up that game really anyways as they know it'll sell itself even if it got average scores considering who they're pandering to.

15. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia

Nope. Lots of people buy games basing their decision on reviews from magazines like this. It doesn't matter if they've never given out a perfect 10 before. It's the games that deserve a 5 or under that are propped up to 6 or 7. [​IMG]

Don't be such a fanboy, I doubt this game deserves a 10 but I'd love to be wrong. I always go to metacritic.com if I'm looking for a game and the nintendo power reviews are mostly higher than average.

It's a shitty magazine and I don't know why anyone would buy the piece of shit.

This is my opinion however and I'm sure most (all?) of you would disagree, I'd rather not hype a game up and be let down when I find out it's not nearly as good as what people make out it is.

Yeah sometimes they score a game low but normally this isn't a game nintendo developed...example:

Puzzle Quest

Nintendo Power

4 out of 10 = 40%

Average Ratio: 82.0%

hrmm yeah they sure did fuck that one up

16. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I think most people who buy gaming magazines, especially first party magazines already have their mind made up about purchases.

edit-
    I should probably elaborate;
    I'm already buying Prime 3, and I'm probably going to buy this magazine just for something to read about prime 3.
    Even if the review gave it a 3/10 or something, I'm still gonna get it

17. Seraph

Member Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So what games do deserve a 10? The reviews are just another opinion of someone. I still wouldn't say Nintendo Power is biased, though. I'm sure if every review used .1 increments some games wouldn't be perfect 10's.

18. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Well I would have given MP1 and 2 a 10/10 as well, because I really did enjoy those games, and if MP3 is at least as good as the prequels, then I have no doubt that it deserves a 10/10 as well.
    But since I like the Wii remote so much, and this game will also support widescreen, then I have no doubts it will be even a better then that.
    So my expectations are pretty high, and I am confident that I will not be disappointed.

19. Strokemouth

Member Strokemouth GBAtemp Regular

United States
    QFT.

The trick is to find sites that tend to be closest to your own opinions. I'm still searching, but gamespot tends to be somewhat close to my opinions. Once I find a site that agrees with me that Ouendan is probably one of the shittiest, most overrated games ever, I'll be subscribing. Also, I thought the Bioshock demo was okay, but I don't know that I'd put it up on the same pedestal that all of these other sites are.

20. nephdj

Member nephdj GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Penny arcade seems to insult everything to seem intelligent [​IMG]