Hacking Metroid Prime 2 Dark Echoes Wii english patch?

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiipower,

Yes you can, but when you create the savegame it can be done with the original or the patched version. The only time you need to worry about it is if you are playing via usb.

vigneshkum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get this. The game works, for me. But Metroid Prime 1 works with cIOScorp v2. But Metroid Prime 2 does not and says unable to read disc. I have to use NeoGamma to play it. Can anyone tell me how to fix this to get Metroid Prime 2 in cIOScorp v2?
Also, I am using rev13a.

EDIT: Also, I am getting an 001 error in the game (rev13a). Should I patch it using Generic Patcher?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vigneshkum said:
I don't get this. The game works, for me. But Metroid Prime 1 works with cIOScorp v2. But Metroid Prime 2 does not and says unable to read disc. I have to use NeoGamma to play it. Can anyone tell me how to fix this to get Metroid Prime 2 in cIOScorp v2?
Also, I am using rev13a.

EDIT: Also, I am getting an 001 error in the game (rev13a). Should I patch it using Generic Patcher?

Where do you get 001 from disc channel or from NeoGamma? If you use the geneirc wii patcher, make sure to patch all .dols.

vigneshkum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
vigneshkum said:
Also, I am using rev13a.

Where do you get 001 from disc channel or from NeoGamma? If you use the geneirc wii patcher, make sure to patch all .dols.

Number 1,

If i put the disc in to the Wii, and If I go to the Disc Channel, It will say Unable to Read the Disc and won't show me the disc channel Banner. (Disc with a ?)
I have tried installing CIOS35.wad from cIOScorp v1 but it still says Unable to Read Disc. The game I downloaded was patched to IOS35. I have tried doing IOS249 and it does the same thing.
Number 2,
The 001 error comes from NeoGamma. I have patched all the .dol files in the DATA partition.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vigneshkum said:
[...]
The 001 error comes from NeoGamma. I have patched all the .dol files in the DATA partition.

You know that i told x times that NeoGamma is not compatible with the rev12 cIOS? Are you REALLY sure you have rev13a installed?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah this one is works exactly like the first one even the files are the same (there is already a dol for starting Metroid Prime 3) so i guess this and the first one are already the Disc for the trilogy collection (so the collection will most likely not work from USB too).

PS: But i think Wiipower made already some progress about the IOS reloading.

vigneshkum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
vigneshkum said:
[...]

You know that i told x times that NeoGamma is not compatible with the rev12 cIOS? Are you REALLY sure you have rev13a installed?

Ya, it is. I have Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings which requires me to use cIOS rev13a.
Either way, I patched all the 001 dols. Ok, what about cIOScorp? Some people are saying MP1 works on cIOScorp, MP2 does not. Some other users are saying MP2 works, but MP1 does not work for cIOScorp. Metroid Prime 1 is working for me in cIOScorp v2.

vigneshkum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, cIOScorp is locked to your Wii Region and video mode whether you use Preloader to activate the region free wii game hack. So, I used WiiFrii (thanks Waninkoko) to change from JAP to USA and it worked even with the English patch.

way2fast4upplw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did the hex editor thing and changed the 2 files. i burned it and play it and its in english but whenever i scan something the words go way off the screen so i can only read part of it. does anyone know how to fix this and has this happened to anyone else.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
way2fast4upplw said:
i did the hex editor thing and changed the 2 files. i burned it and play it and its in english but whenever i scan something the words go way off the screen so i can only read part of it. does anyone know how to fix this and has this happened to anyone else.

Happens to everyone, only fix is to get metroid trilogy when it comes out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol