GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
Actually, you don't need to make a batch file at all.[*]Extract all the files to a folder on the root of drive C:, for example C:\patch.[*]Open a command prompt (open Run from the Start Menu and type "cmd" and press enter).[*]Type "cd C:\patch" or whatever folder you dumped the files into.[*]Type the above command "bspatch xpa-ms7.nds patched.nds sq-ms7p.bdf" and press enter.It's a little more work than making a batch file in Notepad but it's a more sure way to get it done.

Worked like a charm! Many thanks for getting me on track, there.
happy.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
.bat files are executable, or to be more precise: they are script files for DOS, or command, depending on which you have.
and their codes are executed by that program/OS(DOS=OS) when you try to execute them(the bat files)

D

Deleted-119707

how do you re-capture prisoners?
i did the 1st mission and i still got 0% release

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nicky041192 said:
how do you re-capture prisoners?
i did the 1st mission and i still got 0% release
don't die.
you get prisoners by attacking them, which destroys their ropes, and then accepting their reward.
but when you die you lose them, and have to redo the mission to get them back.

BoosLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My text document wont save as a batch file when i rename it ??!!

Edit:

Ok so i got that patch thing working and applied it, but I'm still getting a 90% translation, the option and combat school menus are still Jap, is this meant to happen?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
SuperUpperCut said:
Because I have a slot 2 device and it loads off the r4.. or something like that. If I use latest firmware it wont load gba games

no clue what your talking about. my r4 with 1.18 firmware can play my m3lite (gba mode), my 3-in-1, and my flash2advance gba cart with no issues - all the time - everytime.

-another world

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BoosLee said:

Edit:

Ok so i got that patch thing working and applied it, but I'm still getting a 90% translation, the option and combat school menus are still Jap, is this meant to happen?
did you use a clean rom?
did you grab the file "patched.nds"?
when starting the game you should get a menu where you can choose the region.

treasure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm at mission 3 and there is a point were i cant get any further. is this a bug?

there is a big yellow ball with a skeleton-face on it, than it is right behind me, and then there is a elevator that wont work. the GO and its arrow point to the ground, the arrow at the elevator points to above. but i cant get anywhere. the yellow ball kills me everytime, you cannot jump over it, and even when you get behind it, it makes no diffrence, there will come another yellow ball when the first one is broken.

i'm just stuck, i tried so much stuff. anyone know what to do ?

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
treasure said:
i'm at mission 3 and there is a point were i cant get any further. is this a bug?

there is a big yellow ball with a skeleton-face on it, than it is right behind me, and then there is a elevator that wont work. the GO and its arrow point to the ground, the arrow at the elevator points to above. but i cant get anywhere. the yellow ball kills me everytime, you cannot jump over it, and even when you get behind it, it makes no diffrence, there will come another yellow ball when the first one is broken.

i'm just stuck, i tried so much stuff. anyone know what to do ?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95292

BoosLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
BoosLee said:

Edit:

did you use a clean rom?
did you grab the file "patched.nds"?
when starting the game you should get a menu where you can choose the region.

Is the patched.nds located in the same folder?

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to do the patch but I don't now how to make the .txt into a .bat. I tried the cmd way but the bspatch application in the folder will run for a split second and then nothing would happen. I searched my laptop for the patched version but it isn't there. What exactly am I doing wrong. I am using a clean ROM.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
BoosLee said:

Edit:

You might be applying the wrong Patch. To get a 100% translation, follow this guide:

1 - Download this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GP23N409

2 - Extract the contents to a separate folder.
1-5.jpg

Note: The html file which leads to nds roms will not be in the download folder. But you don't need that file.

3 - Place the Metal Slug 7 rom in the folder and call is 'xpa-ms7.nds'.
2-5.jpg

4 - Open up 'Commander Prompt'. Enter: CD 'folder location of files' (e.g. CD C:\Users\Thomas.Thomas-PC\Downloads\sq-ms7p). Press return.
3-3.jpg

5 - Now in 'Command Prompt', enter: baspatch xpa-ms7.nds patched.nds sq-ms7p.bdf
4-2.jpg

6 - Press Return and wait until the next sentence appears.
5-2.jpg

7 - A file called 'patched.nds' has been made. Just place that in your DS flash card memory, rename the file and PLAY!
6-1.jpg

8 - If you did everything correct, when you load the game, you should see a menu with three language options.

klown07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
ok, for everyone who is still bothering with this patch business, STOP> lol. Since cheats.gbatemp.net had been updated with an AR code to change the language. No need for patching. I used the code, followed the simple instructions and played in full english and beat the game and all challenges. High five, fun, if albeit short game....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o