ROM Hack Metal Slug 7

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there is a tutorial and a few patches but it seems like people have problems with patching utilities or directions...
wacko.gif
It seems that US English is the only language that the other patches are for so the French, Italians, Germans (and British that don't like US English) get left out. Also most of the patches are way too big for something that is so simple!

I put together a pack of batch files that lets Windows users swap the language with whichever they want with a simple drag and drop. Grab it here.

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
cracker said:
I know there is a tutorial and a few patches but it seems like people have problems with patching utilities or directions...
wacko.gif
Also it seems that US English is the only language that the other patches are for so the French, Italians, Germans (and British that don't like US English) get left out.

I put together a pack of batch files that lets people swap the language with whichever they want with a simple drag and drop. Grab it here.

Nice work dude. Although my patch is UK English, but so far, I haven't seen any words that are spelled differently in the script, so they are probably the same files anyway.

Does your batch file work on the raw ROM or do you still have to unpack it? If you still have to unpack, I might make some more IPS patches for other languages if I can be arsed later (would be good for Mac and Linux users any how).

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
wacko.gif
It seems that US English is the only language that the other patches are for so the French, Italians, Germans (and British that don't like US English) get left out. Also most of the patches are way too big for something that is so simple!

I put together a pack of batch files that lets Windows users swap the language with whichever they want with a simple drag and drop. Grab it here.
I believe dominator's method allowed languages other than English to be used.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sephiroth said:
drag and drop your ROM onto the batch file

Language Selector.rar

edit: It'll take a little while, wait until you see "press any key to continue" after selecting the language
the squire language selector is much better.
it adds a little menu to the game that shows up on boot.
you can then choose as which region version it should launch, instead of japanese.
japan(japanese), europe(M5) or US(english).
if you choose EU it will behave EXACTLY like the EU release will.
so with a M5 language selector.

EDIT: http://narutrans.freehostia.com/squire-patch.zip
don't remember where i got it, so i'm using my own host.
to use, rename your MS7 rom to xpa-ms7.nds
make a new text document containing
CODEbspatch xpa-ms7.nds patched.nds sq-ms7p.bdf
place all files in 1 folder.
rename the text file you created to patch.bat
run patch.bat

as said earlier, it adds a menu to the game that let's you choose which region it should boot as.
it's 100% in the language you choose.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a patch to actually change the region of the ROM permanently as opposed to just changing out and renaming the text files? Maybe this is just me, but with the 64 byte IPS patch a lot of the text wraps improperly or is outright untranslated. The batch files that change to one region not only produces a 61.6 MB patched file, but anything produced with it freezes after the title screen. I like the region selection patch but I don't want to use a menu at boot.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
the squire language selector is much better....

Hmm...it's been a while since I've patched a ROM. I was successful doing an English patch for JUS, using this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74074&hl=patch , but I can't remember how to first create the patched ROM. Think you can walk me through this whole process again?
shy.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
irpacynot said:
thedicemaster said:
the squire language selector is much better....

Hmm...it's been a while since I've patched a ROM. I was successful doing an English patch for JUS, using this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74074&hl=patch , but I can't remember how to first create the patched ROM. Think you can walk me through this whole process again?
shy.gif

QUOTE said:
to use, rename your MS7 rom to xpa-ms7.nds
make a new text document containing
CODE
bspatch xpa-ms7.nds patched.nds sq-ms7p.bdf

place all files in 1 folder.
rename the text file you created to patch.bat
run patch.bat

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, thanks anyway for the help. I ain't gettin' it. I know you think you're being clear about it, but I'm missing a step or two, evidently.

I've got bspatch, xpa-ms7.nds, sq-ms7p.bdf, and patch.bat (containing "bspatch xpa-ms7.nds patched.nds sq-ms7p.bdf" in it). You can't run the patch.bat file -- it's not an executable file. I tried running bspatch with all those files in one folder, but it didn't do anything.

If someone else can clarify the process for me, that'd be great.

Thanks

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, you don't need to make a batch file at all.
[*]Extract all the files to a folder on the root of drive C:, for example C:\patch.[*]Open a command prompt (open Run from the Start Menu and type "cmd" and press enter).[*]Type "cd C:\patch" or whatever folder you dumped the files into.[*]Type the above command "bspatch xpa-ms7.nds patched.nds sq-ms7p.bdf" and press enter.
It's a little more work than making a batch file in Notepad but it's a more sure way to get it done.

D

Deleted-119707

wtf, doesnt work, i still get the japanese version
i got it working...

Note: to get this working, you need the CLEAN rom dump. if you already patched it for the old 90% translation and u patch it again with this, it WILL freeze. so you will need the clean dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1