Metal Gear Solid working sound but black screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by the_rhino_uk, Jan 26, 2012.

1. the_rhino_uk
    OP

the_rhino_uk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    Hi all,

I have tried to play Metal Gear Solid on NeoGamma (latest version) but when I load it the game appears to load but nothing appears on screen. If I move / press buttons I can here the menu sounds and such like but nothing on screen.

I have installed cMIOS v10 (to IOS236 after just re-soft modding using ModMii) on a Wii 4.1 and have the game (Disc 1) burnt on a DVD -R. Is there some settings I have to play about with in Neogamma to get this working? Should I try and swtich to cMIOS v4?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. the_rhino_uk
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    Anyone?

3. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    There is no MGS for the wii, is there?
    Are you on about snake eater for the gameube

4. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    twin snakes you mean...

by the sound of it you are having a region issue with it, what region is the iso?

5. the_rhino_uk
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    Yes, its Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for the gamecube (sorry I didn't make it clear). Its a PAL ISO on a PAL wii so I didn't think that was the problem.

I assumed that I didn't have Neogamma set up correctly or it was an issue with cMIOS v10 and wondered if I should try cMIOS v4.

6. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Well last time I done gamecube backup neogamma didnt support it, it was all done via a gamecube backup launcher, maybe you could try that?????