manaphy4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
mgs_pw.jpg

QUOTE said:
Japanese game magazine Famitsu has weighed in the latest Metal Gear Solid adventure, welcoming the new PlayStation Portable into the coveted ranks of game's bearing the publication's highest mark. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker has been rated 40/40.

The latest Metal Gear game from Hideo Kojima and crew is the first game of 2010 to bear the Japanese magazine's highest accolade, the first since Famitsu gave New Super Mario Bros. Wii the same score. Not surprising, considering that Famitsu liked Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots enough to grant it a 40 out of 40 and enjoyed Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence exactly one point less.

Kojima Productions' PSP game hits Japan next week and we'll see how the gaming public there warms to it not long after. North America and Europe will be enjoying the perfection of Peace Walker in June, so that we may judge it for ourselves.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Famitsu is definately losing credability with me. I cannot see how there could be around 10 titles or so that have been "perfect" in their eyes in the last 2 years. But I guess it is their opinion but still...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
Famitsu is definately losing credability with me. I cannot see how there could be around 10 titles or so that have been "perfect" in their eyes in the last 2 years. But I guess it is their opinion but still...
What's this?
Somebody else on the planet sees things differently than you?
Well of course that must mean there's something wrong with them! =D
[/mocking]

Personally what are each of you looking forward to in this?
Other than that one chick.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
looking forward to everything

also YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN METAL GEARS

edit: I remember Kojima saying something on his twitter about him planning the next game in his head, hope he does something crazy and makes a game that turns out to be Big Boss on a bad acid trip.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
Looks fun! It's a shame that the Japanese will lose a scene to keep it at the CERO 14 level
frown.gif

any idea on what's getting cut?

edit: oh god

QUOTEWhen ASIA, a dream band of the elite in the progressive rock world, was born, I was a freshman in College. In those days, I never left without my 2nd generation Walkman and listened to music all day. That same device I loved so much appears in PW. The younger generation may be confused when they see the analog walkman, but I want them to experience this as well.

Hear that MGS4? FUCK YOUR iPOD! We have walkmans, motherfucker.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
looking forward to everything

also YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN METAL GEARS

edit: I remember Kojima saying something on his twitter about him planning the next game in his head, hope he does something crazy and makes a game that turns out to be Big Boss on a bad acid trip.
dude? really?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
shakirmoledina said:
hopefully the jpcsp emu will be able to run it without decryption as it already does so for FF7 Crisis CoreThat will never happen.
33ej6mc.png

DAT PAZ
DAT GRAPHIC
DAT MONSTER HUNTER
DAT EVERYTHING.
I will most likely wet my pants when this game comes out in England.
Just need to borrow someone's PSP

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
The demo I enjoyed and I am sure the game will be great. But as far as I am concerned Famitsu scores mean less than nothing, I have found too many of their scores highly suspect in the past so I just don't trust them now.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Waits to see if there's a Famitsu magazine in the Japanese version*

Famitsu scores don't really mean much nowadays. They've been handing out more perfect scores than ever, and mainly it's just games that are insanely popular with the Japanese fan base, and games that don't deserve that score. NSMB Wii? I wouldn't give it a 40/40. A fun game, yes, but perfect? No. MH3? Oh no. I don't think I'd give it a 9/10. Monster Hunter is just really popular in Japan. They've been handing out perfect or near perfect scores to the highest bidder.

And for the record, for Final Fantasy fans, the only Final Fantasy game to get a perfect score was XII. Just for reference.

The game looks fun though, despite the rampant product placement. The Monster Hunter stuff isn't so concerning if it's just a silly extra, and I can definitely see cooking rations and the general feeling of going through stuff and collection in a game like this.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether it got a 1/40 or a 40/40 I'd still buy it. I don't pay attention to popular game reviewers anymore (e.g, IGN, Famitsu, Nintendo Power). They're somewhat reliable, but they probably don't like what I do like, so we'll have different views on it. Additionally, Metal Gear Solid is my favorite franchise, so I'd naturally buy all of their games.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All the naysayers.

Yes! Because games need to remain mediocre. You people realize that it's possible that game developers and the games themselves have gotten better therefore better scores and better average overall year-to-year. Especially when you are counting sequels that were decent are then given the opportunity to improve.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Played the demo, wasn't even enough to get me remotely interested in it, you basically just had the start of the training mission to play around with, no killing of enemies or anything.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Impossible. It can't be perfect. Too many games get perfect scores by Famitsu's reviewers nowadays. The only one that ever deserved it IMHO was Super Mario Galaxy.

Maybe it IS perfect, but most likely it has some kind of small bug/control issue which makes the gameplay annoying. So then it isn't perfect. I'll see about it when it gets dumped and I get a bigger MemoryStick.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
Played the demo, wasn't even enough to get me remotely interested in it, you basically just had the start of the training mission to play around with, no killing of enemies or anything.

The demo had four missions IIRC (with the final one being a battle against a tank and a bunch of enemy soldiers), way to get stuck on the training level though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...