Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
GC 2009: Kojima Reveals New Titles

Metal Gear creator hints at life after Snake and Peace Walker for 360 & PS3.
by Martin Robinson, IGN UK

UK, August 19, 2009 - Hideo Kojima has revealed he's at work on three new games, and discussed the possibility of bringing the world of Peace Walker to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Talking to IGN at Gamescom 2009, Kojima spoke of the forthcoming PSP game Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker as a stopgap while his team worked on an engine to power their next flurry of games – of which Metal Gear Solid Rising will be the first.

Three other titles are being developed alongside Metal Gear Solid Rising, for which Kojima gave enigmatic details. "There's a new title that we haven't announced that I've wanted to make for a long time," Kojima told IGN, "and also a couple of other new titles we're preparing now."

When asked whether the new games would be continuing any of Kojima's established series, he replied "The one that I said that I've been wanting to make – this is a new franchise and a new title. For the other couple of titles, it could be something that you always wanted to have."

A return to the Zone of the Enders series has long been heavily touted, though Kojima left a tantalising hint that Peace Walker wouldn't be his last foray into the world of Metal Gear Solid. Speaking of the forthcoming PSP title – which has been referred to as his Metal Gear Solid 5 – Kojima hinted that it could be laying the groundwork for future games.

"My aim is - game-wise, story-wise and the whole world of Peace Walker - it's probably very easily ported to PS3 or 360 or the next-gen," he said, "and that's one of our goals that we're trying to achieve with Peace Walker."

News Source: IGN UK

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
"My aim is - game-wise, story-wise and the whole world of Peace Walker - it's probably very easily ported to PS3 or 360 or the next-gen," he said, "and that's one of our goals that we're trying to achieve with Peace Walker."

He says that he wants to do something with the world of Peace Walker on other consoles. Not necessarily a port of the game
tongue.gif

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WHERE IS BOKTAI 5 KOJIMA?

That said; gasp! Peace Walker possibly coming to the PS3 and 360?? What are the odds?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: