Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can only buy one and I can't decide. On one hand, there is mgs4, the good things I like about the game is that its stealth which I find cool and apprently the story is good. But I have never played a MGS game before so I dont know if I will understand it.
Then there is Fallout 3, I own a lot of shooting games already so the RPG element sounds good plus I can get the goty edition. I am not sure how the combat works though.
So which one do you think I should get?
unsure.gif

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Totally different games really to consider either as "Better".

I love Fallout 3 because you can just bugger off and forget the storyline for as long as you want, I am exploring a load that is completely separate from the story at the moment. You effectively make your own story.

MGS4 has an awesome story and plays out amazing too.

So... It's a tricky one!

WShep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one MGS I played was way too preachy. I'm going to suggest going with Fallout 3, though get the GOY edition. There's nothing like slamming a mutant with the sniper rifle and getting a closeup of ludicrous gibs. The non-linear story line and open ended exploration keep it interesting as you find new places to explore. The combat system is easy to use and, if you ever played any of the original fallouts, the sniper system, which allows you to target a specific part of the body, is a fantastic way of getting rid of obstacles that tend to fight back.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
bik75 said:
luke_c said:
MGS4. The story being "Good" is by far an understatement, and it has fantastic online aswell to top it off.
But I have never played a MGS game before so will I understand it?
Firstly, play the other MGS games if you can. I've played the first ones and there still awesome even today (though you might want to play Twin Snakes instead of the PlayStation game because of the old graphics and gameplay).
But MGS4, if I'm not mistaken, was specifically designed so it would also be understandable for new players. You won't understand all of the jokes, but you will be able to play the game and understand the plot just fine.

Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who hasn't yet played MGS4.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies, I think I will go with Fallout 3 since I really like the ideas mentioned of it being non-linear and that it will last me much longer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Broken condoms lead to broken hearts, won't someone think of the children!!! Lol +1