Homebrew Merry Christmas - Have some RAM Dumping!

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's that people you are calling "bricking DS mode"? Does this consist on actually leaving DS mode unusable or you are just trying to say that the DS profile hack got messed up and you had to reapply the hack again?.

DS mode stops working, if the ds profile gets corrupted too badly. Actually, I'm pretty sure it can only happen if the checksums are incorrect, in my experience. Anyway, the only way to fix is a system format.

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"Merry Christmas - Have some DS mode bricker!" Sure :) If one do this properly, it works on every firmware from 4.1-4.5.

Anyway, congratulation for giving the starting shot for warez. That was the stupidest thing one ever can do. I'm out.

€:
To the one under me: http://imgur.com/q78IT7Q

It is pointless to clarify this in this community. The only thing all want is warez. Not homebrew. That's just a alibi for pirating, nothing more.
And don't tell me something about piracy. I know, what piracy do with a console/handheld, not like the most others.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
profi, it was inevitable.

I can't wait for something that allows us to use codes! >_>
like a modded GW launcher.dat with a gui to insert codes (even digit after digit would be ok) and activate them. the beautiful thing is that this would work on retail games, too (or not?).

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
"Merry Christmas - Have some DS mode bricker!" Sure :) If one do this properly, it works on every firmware from 4.1-4.5.

Anyway, congratulation for giving the starting shot for warez. That was the stupidest thing one ever can do. I'm out.
"starting shot for warez": if one wants to pirate, they just buy a $35 gateway clone. It's as much as the very widespread SC DSTWO (now don't come telling me that DS piracy isn't everywhere). And gateway already said that homebrew loading is in the works, so it was just a matter or time... not to mention that who buys a gateway can run warezed imported games, while you can't currently buy an import game... it's sort of ridiculous. This "never release anything" behavior only gives chinese cart makers huge profits (now from pirates, and soon from people really interested in homebrew!), and they developed everything using 3dbrew's documentation...

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
nice job fierce waffle. props, and best wishes to you.

Although... this threads name sounded really inapropriate in my head when i woke up half drunk still today.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

€:

It is pointless to clarify this in this community. The only thing all want is warez. Not homebrew. That's just a alibi for pirating, nothing more.
And don't tell me something about piracy. I know, what piracy do with a console/handheld, not like the most others.

Dude, if there's one thing I wish for it's being able to dump my own cartridges and eshop bought games to have them all conveniently arranged on one SD.
Totally serious. I don't give a rat's ass about piracy. I just want convenience and region freeness. That's why I got my Gateway.

corim123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

€:

I hate when I cannot tell if the poster is simply stupid or trolling.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That might be mostly right, but then we should halt all the homebrew/jailbreak scenes, since code executing inevitably leads to piracy.

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That might be mostly right, but then we should halt all the homebrew/jailbreak scenes, since code executing inevitably leads to piracy.
That's a point, but nothing of this should be public. With that every single guy in the world can potentially do what he want of the console, when some guys worked hard to achieve all of this on their own and keep it secret.
Profi have reason to get pissed of.
The fact is that this guy killed the 3DS and has even the courage to call it a "Christmas gift".

Danny350

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a point, but nothing of this should be public. With that every single guy in the world can potentially do what he want of the console, when some guys worked hard to achieve all of this on their own and keep it secret.
The fact is that this guy killed the 3DS and has even the courage to call it a "Christmas gift".
This guy gets the blame for killing the 3DS? Gateway pirates 3DS games already. This is a step to the development of homebrew, not piracy. So if we already have piracy on the 3DS, why should we not do homebrew? that battle is already lost.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This guy gets the blame for killing the 3DS? Gateway pirates 3DS games already. This is a step to the development of homebrew, not piracy. So if we already have piracy on the 3DS, why should we not do homebrew? that battle is already lost.
That's true, but do not worry, no one will need that GW card or all if its clones anymore soon.
Maybe this guy want to work on homebrew, like all the others, but i bet that a warez cfw will come out in some weeks, since everyone now can freely exploit the console.
Not to mention that everyone will cheat online.

Reactions: profi200

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have the feeling, whenever he works on things, he destroys something. The same with the battle analyzer. If this makes progress, everyone can pirate every game and cheat as hell. Think about it, what this means for games like Pokémon. And i not only mean the cheating part. I'm very sure, that the game quality goes down, after the free solution is available.

That were my 2 cents. Now i'm really out here. No point in discussing with "homebrewers".

Reactions: signz and Roxas75

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If the OP used more "private information" than the one available on 3Dbrew it's right, the one(s) who trusted him with the info have the right to feel pissed off at him for betraying their trust. But blaming him for starting 3DS piracy is just not honest.
What about the gateway people? They used months of documentation on 3dbrew (plus their own work, but you can be sure they used the documentation) and are making lots of money out of it. Isn't that also wrong?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

€:

I get the feeling the AES engine is the last resort to prevent online piracy hehe.
(ninty could send online cmds to it and expect current partition(s) (NATIVE,SAFE, etc) to have the same hash, depending on current firmware). And in case one of those mismatches player gets kicked out. (how about the 16 byte str is sent online?, and or check if the keyhole was created?)

Anyway, don't get serious from most users around here. (?) expect what they should be

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If the OP used more "private information" than the one available on 3Dbrew it's right, the one(s) who trusted him with the info have the right to feel pissed off at him for betraying their trust. But blaming him for starting 3DS piracy is just not honest.
What about the gateway people? They used months of documentation on 3dbrew (plus their own work, but you can be sure they used the documentation) and are making lots of money out of it. Isn't that also wrong?
In fact i never supported the GW for selling $80 pieacy cards when they actually can do much more with their hack. That's just making profit.
Actually he just did great on reversing the basic ROP payload, don't know if he done it alone or with someone else, but good job. Actually he got the requisites to hack the console.
The stupid thing is to make this public. Now everyone can access the console code, that's the problem.

Reactions: profi200

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.