Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
davidnlta said:
tempus and crew are translating the wii game talesofgraces.com

I ended up finding that website, but they released a beta patch for ToGF (PS3) before releasing a Wii beta patch. Some (in their forum) say both patches will come out together, some say Wii translation will show up first... And since you'll need Riivolution (which implies an original disc), importing from Asia takes some time (and money). I hope it doesn't end like the Captain Rainbow translation...

I thought ToG Wii was announced to be released in America or Europe on Q1 2011. Just rumor?

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
beta patch was fe the tales of graces ps3 demo released in japan there is no wii beta patch cause there is no demo and the wii version will come out first. It wont end up like captain rainbow tempus finishes translations just like fatal frame 4
smile.gif

Linkzeror2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
linkzeror2.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
125.jpg

316.jpg

11310.jpg

I made some new screens.
anyway made an english menu patch is so easy, (i can made) but it is useless
because more important are artes,abilities,weapon,gem/crystal and quest -.-

Some numbers:

There are: 188 different monsters
There are: 365 different Quest

Item:
Crystals (438)
Valuables (172)
Gems (98)
Weapons (303)

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, I see... Glad to know that.

You know, I know zero when it comes to translating games (except for SNES roms, which I used to translate to PT back in the late 90s or so) but there's a walkthrough in YouTube with (almost - I haven't watched every single video) all japanese subtitles in Xenoblade translated to English. Is it a huge step from translating subtitles (and whatever else is translated) to actually create a patch that shows EN subtitles over JP ones, on-the-fly (Riivolution)?

Just trying to understand what it really takes to translate, since I know some JP (basic stuff).

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Good news, everyone. Beta patch on January (no release day yet):

QUOTE said:
-Release Beta-Patch a Gennaio-
DATA: 26 Dicembre 2010 By LinkzeroR2

Visto che 2 persone mi avevano promesso di aiutarmi, poi all'ultimo minuto sono sparite..(e' comprensibile) ho deciso di rilasciare la prima beta-patch per xenoblade a gennaio (poi un futuro miglioramento si vedra'), la data non l'ho decisa perche' devo testare ancora riivolution, creare le guide, e altri lavori di beta testing, tutte le ultime news, video e screens le trovate nel forum.

Source: http://xenoblade.altervista.org

Sorry LinkzeroR2, but I couldn't wait to spread the news. But I'll leave the translation for you
wink.gif

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Excellent news,indeed!Xenoblade is one of the best RPGs I have ever played!
January can't come soon enough!

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
And now,the patch is available!!!!

You can download it from Link Zero's site.Thank you so much!!!
Unfortunately,I cannot confirm if it is the italian patch or the english one...

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
It's an italian patch. LinkzeroR2 has no plans on releasing an EN one.

QUOTE said:
#DOWNLOAD BETA PATCH DISPONIBILE
DATA: 07 Gennaio 2011 By LinkzeroR2

Annuncio: la beta patch e' disponibile nella colonna qui a sinistra "wii patch"

GUIDA: Si deve avere wiiscrubber vers. 1.4 (per forza) poi prendete i 2 file che trovate nell'archivio (la patch) e sostituiteli con quelli della iso con il tasto destro "replace" chiudete tutto e via.

Basically here it is: "Announce: the beta patch is available at the left column 'Wii Patch'.

Guide: You must use WiiScrubber 1.4 (mandatory[I guess he means no other version of WiiScrubber]) to replace 2 files (that you find in the patch) in the ISO (copy and replace them with a right click). Once they're replaced, close everything (WiiScrubber) and go (play the backup)".

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ato Puro said:
It's an italian patch. LinkzeroR2 has no plans on releasing an EN one.

QUOTE said:
#DOWNLOAD BETA PATCH DISPONIBILE
DATA: 07 Gennaio 2011 By LinkzeroR2

Annuncio: la beta patch e' disponibile nella colonna qui a sinistra "wii patch"

GUIDA: Si deve avere wiiscrubber vers. 1.4 (per forza) poi prendete i 2 file che trovate nell'archivio (la patch) e sostituiteli con quelli della iso con il tasto destro "replace" chiudete tutto e via.

Basically here it is: "Announce: the beta patch is available at the left column 'Wii Patch'.

Guide: You must use WiiScrubber 1.4 (mandatory[I guess he means no other version of WiiScrubber]) to replace 2 files (that you find in the patch) in the ISO (copy and replace them with a right click). Once they're replaced, close everything (WiiScrubber) and go (play the backup)".

That's a shame. How can these files be modified to translate from Italian to English? I would like to help with this if possible.

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't answer that, as I can't hack anything. Thus, I have no idea how translating a Wii game is done. But someone will probably show up and answer your question.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Looking at the two files with an Hex-Editor, it seems possible to just edit it from there. See the Screenshot:
bildschirmfotofy.png
Then again, I have no clue if this would work, and if everything is displayed with the editor. It's for shure not how it's really done, professional translations like the Fatal Frame one made their own tools to unpack/pack the files, like the Scripts that jurai posted, as far as I know. Shame that the tools that Tempus released on the forums are gone now, a few of these would probably be quite usefull here (then again, the U8-Tool and TPL-Editors can be found elsewhere, so they probably wouldn't have helped that much).

If LinkzeroR2 really has no plans to make an english one, I hope someone who knows more about this stuff will pick the project up. Would love to help translating it to german...

@jurai: Thanks for that link, but unless I'm completely wrong (which could be the case, since this is completely new for me), you can only unpack the files with these Scripts, meaning you couldn't sign/compress/whatever them back?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto