Homebrew MenuHax 2.0 Custom Main-Screen Images

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Made one based on the Animus from Assassin's Creed.
It's not tested, can someone please test it to see the 3D works properly? Thanks.
EDIT: Never mind, turns out I can just download the images to my phone and test them through a VR headset. Thanks anyway. :)
.PSD files are available for this and any of my future MenuHax images if anyone wants them.

Animus.png

3D Original version

Animus-cleaned.png

3D No Abstergo text version

AnimusP.png

3D Alternative version using perspective 3D instead of parallax 3D​

Last edited by NekoMichi,
Reactions: Misledz and peteruk

Bryze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yasuo from League of Legends.
imagedisplay.png

Cordelia from Fire Emblem: Awakening
imagedisplay(1).png

Monster Hunter Felynes
imagedisplay(2).png

Last edited by Bryze,

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry but is there a setup for MenuHax like this? don't touch anything to boot into rxtool then emunand, press R into sysnand, and press L into homebrew launcher
Well, yes, sort of. The only misleading part is that it says "Boot Sysnand R", because that has to be done before this screen shows. You can open MenuHax manager and use type 2 config, then choose L as the button, then use ctrBootManager as your boot.3dsx, set it's timeout to 0 and it's default to rxTools. This way you'll always boot straight into rx, and if you hold L, you'll come to the Boot Menu where you can choose something else. Personally, I boot straight into the Grid Homebrew launcher.

Reactions: tivu100

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but is there a setup for MenuHax like this? don't touch anything to boot into rxtool then emunand, press R into sysnand, and press L into homebrew launcher
The answer to your question:
I configured menuhax 2.0 to not execute if L is held, and set up CtrBootManager's .cfg to automatically launch into my main boot entry unless R is held.
As such, menuhax 2.0 will load into CtrBootManager, which in return will load into CakesFW, which finally results in a boot into emuNAND.
I can interrupt menuhax to boot to sysNAND instead by holding L or interrupt CtrBootManager by holding R, or simply press nothing and have it boot into emuNAND automatically.
Here is a modified version to use for your need:

Configure menuhax to not execute if R is held = boot into SysNAND (Option 2 in MENUHAX config screen then hold R), and set up CtrBootManager's .cfg to automatically launch into main boot entry (RXtools) unless L is held (Set ctrbootmanager to autoboot. Rxtools is not the first entry but is the default boot entry)
As such, menuhax will load into CtrBootManager, which in return will load into homebrew launcher (set homebrew menu boot.3dsx as first boot entry, but not the default entry for autoboot)

Then learn the timing to trigger boot from this post too.

Well, yes, sort of. The only misleading part is that it says "Boot Sysnand R", because that has to be done before this screen shows. You can open MenuHax manager and use type 2 config, then choose L as the button, then use ctrBootManager as your boot.3dsx, set it's timeout to 0 and it's default to rxTools. This way you'll always boot straight into rx, and if you hold L, you'll come to the Boot Menu where you can choose something else. Personally, I boot straight into the Grid Homebrew launcher.

Last edited by tivu100,

Sachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made these to fit my menu hotkeys. As a warning, Reisyukaku did not give me a proper logo. This ReiNand logo isnt perfect as I took it from a black background, so you may notice tiny dots of black. But I've fixed what I could (Shouldn't be noticable). More credits at the bottom.
Now, show your 9.6+ ReiNand spirit!

Edit 1/16/2016: Fixed left-side shadows not being the exact shade as right-side for 2D images. Ignore the current, left-side shadows below.

Edit 2/10/2016: Updated version Here

3D letters image:
Pmk0fLo.png

2D:
8RCAntr.png

2D with menuhax icon:
bejzMQt.png

Credits:
  • MythosXe for button prompts
  • NaviD93 for MenuHax icon
  • Reisyukaku for ReiNand logo
If I borrowed assets from you, I'd be fine with taking the images down by request.
Before anyone asks, I do not have the PSD.

Attachments

• Custom Menuhax (All hail Sachi).zip
    595.5 KB · Views: 209
Last edited by Sachi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya