Memory stick

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Dotmore, Apr 19, 2012.

Apr 19, 2012

Memory stick by Dotmore at 7:16 PM (585 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Dotmore
    OP

Member Dotmore GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Im buying a PSP soon, but i need a Memory stick too (obvious) to play backups. But is it like with DS's Sd cards, where they have a certain speed?

What size is recommended? I got like 10-20 to spend on it. Living in holland.

2. Dotmore
    OP

Netherlands
    anyone?

3. Sinistral89

Member Sinistral89 GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Speeds have no real impact on what games you can play. Only make sure that the card is real (do not buy from ebay) and that it's magicgate supported.

I would say that the smallest size would be 2 GB. Anything smaller and you can't fit all games on it (largest UMD games are ~1.7 GB). But if I'm not mistaken you can get a much larger card for 20 bucks. In sweden where I live I would get a 8 GB for 20 bucks.

4. TheCasketMan

Member TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

United States
    buy the 8 gb one. I don't remeber if a 16 gb one works, but i think it did worked when I used to have my PSP

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Just get a 4GB Sandisk Pro Duo and play games until you've finished with them, then swap them out.

6. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    I had a 8GB card and I couldn't enjoy games at best =P so now i'm intentionally stuck with one of 2GB. And other games i'd like to enjoy I play them over USB

7. Dotmore
    OP

Netherlands

Can you explain? Why would you enjoy games less on a higher size stick then on a small stick? Also, can you also play via USB? I got a 8gb USB stick.

8. MARECLO

Newcomer MARECLO Member

Uruguay
    I had a 8GB microSD Kingston that I was using with my DS's Flashcart, then I bought a microSD to Pro Duo adapter and no game (except creating the save file with a 2GB mSD for Street Fighter Zero 3 MAX) had compatibility problems...

My choice was because in Uruguay the Pro Duo cost twice the price of a microSD so...