Homebrew RELEASE melonDS for Switch — continuation

cloavii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello!! im just here to say that this emulator is really good so far! id like to suggest a few things:
-in docked mode, it still renders at 720p, and while its not bad by any means, it would still be cool to have the ability to upscale to 1080p
-somewhat nitpicky, but a button to reset the cursor to the center of the touchscreen, kinda like how galaxy's emulated wiimote works in mario 3d all stars

other than that, ive been having a blast with this emulator, keep up the good work!

Sleply

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi first I just want to say thanks for the emulator on switch it works great. I just have a problem, whenever I try to load any of the generation five pokemon games the screen goes black then atmosphere crashes. I tried changing the overclock settings and it still didn't work.

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi first I just want to say thanks for the emulator on switch it works great. I just have a problem, whenever I try to load any of the generation five pokemon games the screen goes black then atmosphere crashes. I tried changing the overclock settings and it still didn't work.
sounds like you're starting the hbmenu with the album instead of title injection

livinitwarrior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody having it crash on 10.2.0? It opens just fine, but I've tried with several different games and it crashes the whole switch.

SX OS 3.0.5 Beta

scratch that, Removed fast memory and working

Last edited by livinitwarrior,

blaww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the loop for a while and just updated to release 4 from the github, and save files that were working before aren't detected. Pokemon Conquest, Dragon Quest IX, etc. Any ideas? Also performance is much better than whatever version I was on before, so thanks for the continued work!

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been out of the loop for a while and just updated to release 4 from the github, and save files that were working before aren't detected. Pokemon Conquest, Dragon Quest IX, etc. Any ideas? Also performance is much better than whatever version I was on before, so thanks for the continued work!
Which version was the one you used before? If you used @Hydr8gon old port before, the savefiles need to be renamed to romname.nds.sav instead of romname.sav.

oriam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a strange problem, I can't get the touchscreen to work in game. Neither I can click using cursor (which moves work the right stick).

Any ideas what's causing the problems?

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does anybody have a compatibility list?
melonDS is pretty accurate so a not working list would make more sense:
  • World ends with you
  • Sonic Crystal Chronicles
  • Ore ga Omae o Mamoru
those are the games I know of which crash right at the start of the game (because of bad arm9 timing which is currently melonDS's greatest weakness in terms of accuracy). There are of course other bugs floating around as well, though you can expect the majority of games to work fine with melonDS.

Performance of Switch is of course another story, though, it's basically if a game uses the 3d gpu it likely needs overclocking otherwise it likely won't.

AshenWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
melonDS is pretty accurate so a not working list would make more sense:
  • World ends with you
  • Sonic Crystal Chronicles
  • Ore ga Omae o Mamoru
those are the games I know of which crash right at the start of the game (because of bad arm9 timing which is currently melonDS's greatest weakness in terms of accuracy). There are of course other bugs floating around as well, though you can expect the majority of games to work fine with melonDS.

Performance of Switch is of course another story, though, it's basically if a game uses the 3d gpu it likely needs overclocking otherwise it likely won't.
Alright, thanks

Ace88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Everytime I try to start melonDS via Retroarch (latest stable build) my system (Atmosphere) chrashes

After is start a game the hbmenu pops up and then when i select anything I get the Error-Code: 2162-0002 (0x4a2)

does anybody know that issue?

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Everytime I try to start melonDS via Retroarch (latest stable build) my system (Atmosphere) chrashes

After is start a game the hbmenu pops up and then when i select anything I get the Error-Code: 2162-0002 (0x4a2)

does anybody know that issue?
do you use title injection to load the hbmenu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1