1. SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive The key that lights the dark

United States
    will the gui be updated so we have one menu instead of a bunch of mini menus? also, when will cheats and save states be added? also booting from the ds menu still doesn't seem to work.

2. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

United States
    Booting from DS works fine for me

3. SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive The key that lights the dark

United States
    it freezes for me, not sure why

4. sorabora

sorabora GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Did you manage to make your way through the majority (all?) of the DS Castlevania games? I'm thinking of jumping in from the first to the last but I'm worried I'll hit some significant performance issues and/or emulation bugs.

Thanks!

5. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    I didnt come across anything game breaking, just minor slowdowns/graphic glitches.. I did use the no touchscreen required rom hack for Dawn of Sorrow tho so i didnt have to mess with seals :P

sorabora likes this.
  6. sorabora

sorabora GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thank you. Did the slowdowns hit often or sparingly? Not to get to annoyingly granular, but I could see constant (though technically still minor) slowdowns putting me off from a full play through.

one of those things where I'd much prefer a handful of major performance issues rather than many, minor issues (if that makes any sense).

Thanks again.

7. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    Slowdowns only happen in certain areas where there are many effects id say, generally speed is good.

sorabora likes this.
  8. dragnipur

dragnipur Member
    Newcomer

United States
    apparently melonds doesn’t like it if you star it in hbmenu. was hanging on loading a game everytime until i deleted the nro.star file

9. kidkat210

kidkat210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sounds like somethings wrong with your setup, me personally, never had that issue. How long extra do you gotta wait?

10. sorabora

sorabora GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I had to delay starting my playthrough, but wanted to see if you had this problem (issue kicks in at around 3-4 seconds):

https://i.imgur.com/37IJENy.mp4

Other than that, thus far, no issues that I can think of. And thank you for the romhack mention. I did the same!

@catlover007

Sorry for the ping. Are save states a feature in the immediate future? Would love something like that for harder games.

11. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Psycho!

Mexico
    Savestates among other nice features are planned for the next release.

mattyxarope and sorabora like this.
  12. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    Yes that happens to me too. Don't worry it's a known issue and doesn't hurt the saves ;)

13. notrea11y

notrea11y GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    There hasn't been an update since 0.4, right ?

HinaNaru Cutie likes this.
  14. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    excuse me i have some major issues getting this emulator to run at all on my switch :/ it keeps crashing my games, at first it was just two games like style savvy, and mario/luigi partners through time, so i decided to downgrade on 7.3 since someone on youtube fixed it up, and it started to work fine but i couldn't get all my games to show up at all on my roms folder -_- it was just like 51 games instead of being 200 plus games i believe i got, anyway i decided to separate the games in it's own DS folder to see if that will allow me to play the games instead of making it glitch (7.3 fixed) but no i-it won't let me even choose any of the folders or anythign at all.

so i am basically stuck here, i don't get why the melonds is acting up the latest one you've released but it just won't work :(...i really need help.

15. catlover007

OP catlover007 Developer
    Developer

Germany
    1. do you use Atmosphere and title injection to start the hbmenu?
    2. input in the old versions doesn't work anymore because Nintendo (likely purposefully) changed how input was given to applications which broke all homebrew to this point, because they need to be adapted to that
    3. the older version could only display a limited amount of roms
    4. Mario & Luigi Partners through time not working is a known bug (though it doesn't crash, there's just a whitescreen). The bug has been fixed and the fix will be included in the next version.

Last edited by catlover007, Jan 7, 2021
    HinaNaru Cutie likes this.
  16. notrea11y

Germany
    Might this 'next version' perhaps contain a "fullscreen" mode too ?
    I'm looking for a reason to dust off my V1.

17. catlover007

OP catlover007 Developer
    Developer

Germany
    fullscreen as in one DS screen stretched onto the entire Switch screen?

18. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Thanks for responding back q v q!

1) you mean jits? the red object that you slide on your right joycon? yes I do =o, it's how i boot up my atmosphere always (note: I haven't updated to the latest atmosphere, stopped at .....hold on..lol gotta check on my switch-.. atmosphere version 15.0 not 16 - yet because it was still early in release, plus I rather wait for it's full release of it =3)

2) oh I didn't know this at all, I am honestly surprised 7.3 works lmao

3) I was questioning that decision a lot lmao but thanks for telling me why.

4) ahh okay => that's good news, so I wanna ask you; can I show you how I set up the melonds -? I wanna know if i did something wrong, because no matter how many times i downloaded version 4.0 which is the one that is out on your files as of my knowledge it just won't work, ;-; for style savvy - I can understand now =0 for mario/luigi..now I am a bit worried for my game list that I have xD I can show you?? If you want to see what the heck I got..cause I wanna be warned ahead of time to know if any of these even work well.

19. notrea11y

Germany
    Yes.

20. catlover007

OP catlover007 Developer
    Developer

Germany
    why exactly do you want that? You gain nothing but a terribly disorted picture while loosing the secondary screen.
    no, how do you launch the hbmenu from the Switch's system menu?
    it's all in the main post:

Tyvar1, HinaNaru Cutie and sorabora like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - continuation, melonDS, Switch