GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
Fullscreen asin:
To a degree that doesn't necessarily destroy the aspect ratio.

Why: Because not using the entire screen is highly unsatisfying.
Just because it is a DS emulator, doesn't mean it requires both screens at all times.

R3 could be used to swap screens.
(Drastic on Android via switchroot works quite nicely).

Quick suggestion:
*Fullscreen rendering, with the adjecent screen being overlayed onto the bottom right corner.
(Same as in the the Zero&ZX Collection for Switch.
Such as this:

Cm7zbdi.png

PS: Thanks for adding fullscreen 30 fps game support.
Fullspeed KH 358/2 is nice..

To quote myself from earlier this thread
https://gbatemp.net/threads/melonds-for-switch-continuation.570021/page-4#post-9149760

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why exactly do you want that? You gain nothing but a terribly disorted picture while loosing the secondary screen.

no, how do you launch the hbmenu from the Switch's system menu?

it's all in the main post:

Ooh, I use the gallery that's about it. I only hold the r button when I don't want to use the applet mode on my hbmenu to launch melonds or awooinstaller.

And, okay..hopefully it works on my end.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why exactly do you want that? You gain nothing but a terribly disorted picture while loosing the secondary screen.

no, how do you launch the hbmenu from the Switch's system menu?

it's all in the main post:

yeah it still doesn't want to read the game lmao xD it just now crashes completely - instead of an error it gives me the screen staying stuck there - when i go to close the application since it crashed it now gives me the black screen with the message 'the software was closed because of an error' - that's what it always gives me -. i am downloading the game from the only places the ds roms files are located at - but this is just ridiculous confusion. i honestly do not know what the heck is going on, why it read the game file without a problem in version 7.3, now it doesn't anymore.

gonna try to run it with applet mode - lmao it crashed my entire atmosphere xDDD gosh damn this game is a magnet for errors - i am wheezing here. i am gonna have to delete the folder 01000000000000000001000 or however long those numbers are. edit; it doesn't want to run american dragon jake long game by wayford :/ either..it just does the same exact error e-e...i may need to take some time and make a list of games that don't work

Last edited by HinaNaru Cutie,

shivoooooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
yeah it still doesn't want to read the game lmao xD it just now crashes completely - instead of an error it gives me the screen staying stuck there - when i go to close the application since it crashed it now gives me the black screen with the message 'the software was closed because of an error' - that's what it always gives me -. i am downloading the game from the only places the ds roms files are located at - but this is just ridiculous confusion. i honestly do not know what the heck is going on, why it read the game file without a problem in version 7.3, now it doesn't anymore.

gonna try to run it with applet mode - lmao it crashed my entire atmosphere xDDD gosh damn this game is a magnet for errors - i am wheezing here. i am gonna have to delete the folder 01000000000000000001000 or however long those numbers are. edit; it doesn't want to run american dragon jake long game by wayford :/ either..it just does the same exact error e-e...i may need to take some time and make a list of games that don't work

In my mind, when reading what you write, it only comes to my head that you urgently need to completely erase that sd memory.
I think there is a mismatch between the versions of the programs that are using that can generate incompatibility between them.
Try with a different memory, copy the recent version of atmosphere (vanilla) and melonDS with everything you need (Bios, roms etc).

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
have you tried any other games, do they work?

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
have you tried any other games, do they work?

Yes I have tried the other games, and work well except for yoshi touch n go( I believe) and American dragon by wayfoward, - I just decided to frustratingly download the fixed version of 7.3 old version for I can use these 3 games =0.
Now I do believe those are the only games that dont work on the updated version for melonds because as I was checking my list of ..I believe 200+ something games, it was working completely fine, that I just kind of been good.

I could check the rest if you want me to?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In my mind, when reading what you write, it only comes to my head that you urgently need to completely erase that sd memory.
I think there is a mismatch between the versions of the programs that are using that can generate incompatibility between them.
Try with a different memory, copy the recent version of atmosphere (vanilla) and melonDS with everything you need (Bios, roms etc).

It's not my micro sd lmao, because if it were the case, atmosphere would've been notified me or my games as well, and my pc when I inject it. I already know when something goes off with my micro sd - the warning is obvious for me, that's when I gotta do, what I gotta do - reset the micro sd.

Everything works fine it's just melonds doesn't want to work at all :v -gonna have to wait until catlover updates the program, which I don't mind waiting since I found a solution for now - for I can use the games that do not run on latest melonds.

another thing: I have deleted melonds folder completely - remade them just to see if that was the case and it isn't.

Last edited by HinaNaru Cutie,
Reactions: shivoooooo

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes I have tried the other games, and work well except for yoshi touch n go( I believe) and American dragon by wayfoward, - I just decided to frustratingly download the fixed version of 7.3 old version for I can use these 3 games =0.
Now I do believe those are the only games that dont work on the updated version for melonds because as I was checking my list of ..I believe 200+ something games, it was working completely fine, that I just kind of been good.

I could check the rest if you want me to?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not my micro sd lmao, because if it were the case, atmosphere would've been notified me or my games as well, and my pc when I inject it. I already know when something goes off with my micro sd - the warning is obvious for me, that's when I gotta do, what I gotta do - reset the micro sd.

Everything works fine it's just melonds doesn't want to work at all :v -gonna have to wait until catlover updates the program, which I don't mind waiting since I found a solution for now - for I can use the games that do not run on latest melonds.

another thing: I have deleted melonds folder completely - remade them just to see if that was the case and it isn't.
ah I see. I thought you can't get anything running with the latest version. Though the good news are that I could reproduce the Style Savvy issue with the last release and it looks like I already squashed that bug as it works with my developement version. Of course the fix will be included with the next release.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ah I see. I thought you can't get anything running with the latest version. Though the good news are that I could reproduce the Style Savvy issue with the last release and it looks like I already squashed that bug as it works with my developement version. Of course the fix will be included with the next release.

Nah you're good =3! i am thankful that the other games still work lol.
ooh that's wonderful news <3!! i am glad you squished the bug >:v!! hehe, and i'll be glad to wait for the release =)

Broduskii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome work, finally got around to testing it out and am loving it.
I have searched but can't seem to find an option to hide the bottom screen, not looking for 16:9 just to center the image if possible.

Tomoire127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! So I've got MelonDS running on the Switch almost perfectly. Games are smooth, bios' are fine. But I'm running into an issue with game audio. All the games I run have really really quiet audio for whatever reason, and can only barely be heard at max volume with headphones.

Am I missing a file, or something? Any help would be appreciated.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello! So I've got MelonDS running on the Switch almost perfectly. Games are smooth, bios' are fine. But I'm running into an issue with game audio. All the games I run have really really quiet audio for whatever reason, and can only barely be heard at max volume with headphones.

er...this is just a guess but do you have the audio file(comes with the melonds files) in the correct folder?

Tomoire127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
er...this is just a guess but do you have the audio file(comes with the melonds files) in the correct folder?
I'm not sure about the audio file, I'm assuming it's in the right place though? The normal Nintendo DS sounds are loud and clear when not booting games directly. After doing some digging on the forum and re-checking the main post I think I've just been playing some of the games that have the audio problem in this version (Pokemon Blue Rescue Team, etc).

Going to install an older version and see if that works for me. If not, I'll eagerly await the next update and play on my 3DS for the time being! Thank you for the reply!

Last edited by Tomoire127,

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not sure about the audio file, I'm assuming it's in the right place though? The normal Nintendo DS sounds are loud and clear when not booting games directly. After doing some digging on the forum and re-checking the main post I think I've just been playing some of the games that have the audio problem in this version (Pokemon Blue Rescue Team, etc).

Going to install an older version and see if that works for me. If not, I'll eagerly await the next update and play on my 3DS for the time being! Thank you for the reply!
the audio file is only for microphone input. It's probably that known audio issue which was already fixed.

Reactions: Tomoire127

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to use saves from a r4 card on there? I have a .sav file for tales of innocence that I would like to continue playing on switch, but when I open it there is no saved data

Pgdollar88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Melonds is still not running properly for me, and I’m wondering what you did. When I launch a DS game, the audio is distorted and the game is running very slowly.

Did you place the melonds file at the root of the SD? Did you have to modify any Switch settings?

Tomoire127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Melonds is still not running properly for me, and I’m wondering what you did. When I launch a DS game, the audio is distorted and the game is running very slowly.

Did you place the melonds file at the root of the SD? Did you have to modify any Switch settings?
I'm not sure about the games running slowly, that might have something to do with overclocking. (I'm not super tech-savvy sorry!) But for my audio thing (game audio being extremely quiet for some games), it's a bug that the developer has already fixed on their end and will probably be in the next MelonDS update!

Reactions: Pgdollar88

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.