catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a button which allows me to toggle between screens, and if not could you add one?
read the FAQ:
How can I quickly switch between focussing on one screen?

Press down the right stick. There's also an automatic mode where we the main screen is guessed in the display settings.

EDIT: I noticed the wording is not perfect so I improved it

Last edited by catlover007,

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
it's amazing how improved this is! runs dragon quest 9 perfectly so far.

i was wondering if there was a way to change the resolution of the game? would be interesting to see what resolution dq9 could get up to.

thanks again for this!

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can I browse roms location from the gui menú? What I did, put roms on switch/melonds directory and then it worked
if you select a folder in the drop down menu it is entered, if you choose .., you go into the parent folder

i was wondering if there was a way to change the resolution of the game? would be interesting to see what resolution dq9 could get up to.
the threaded software renderer (which is what we're currently using) is orientated primarily around accuracy. While melonDS has an OpenGL renderer which is meant for enhancements like rendering at a higher resolution, it doesn't run on Switch and I don't intend to bring to Switch in medium term, for reasons I outlined before (in short I prefer putting my time in wide compability with good performance without overclocking over enhancements): https://gbatemp.net/threads/melonds-for-switch.518300/page-67#post-9125207

p1w1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Thank you for your amazing work! Finally Im able to play Down of Sorrow :yayswitch:

Just a question, there is a way to complety hide a screen? In Down of Sorrow I dont really need the map (top screen) all the time and I want to play it fullscreen and change screens occasionally. It is possible?

Last edited by p1w1x,

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a question, there is a way to complety hide a screen? In Down of Sorrow I dont really need the map (top screen) all the time and I want to play it fullscreen and change screens occasionally. It is possible?
if you put both screens horizontally to each other and focus one it's already as big as it can be

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is only true as long as you aren't stretching one screen to fill up the 16:9 like a heathen.
I mean you could do that, … it's ugly though. DS fortunately isn't a home console where TVs streched the image how ever they liked, but lcd with sane square pixels

Janio_scjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for your amazing work! Finally Im able to play Down of Sorrow :yayswitch:

Are you playing at full speed?

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
melonDS is a Nintendo DS emulator

Quick suggestion:
*Fullscreen rendering, with the adjecent screen being overlayed onto the bottom right corner.
(Same as in the the Zero&ZX Collection for Switch.
Such as this:

Cm7zbdi.png

PS: Thanks for adding fullscreen 30 fps game support.
Fullspeed KH 358/2 is nice..

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
It's crazy how well this works, fantastic job!
Thanks a ton for this, I've really been enjoying it over the last week and a bit. Mostly everything runs at full speed, but I have noticed a couple of issues; Spirit Tracks crashes at launch and fog in Phantom hourglass isn't displayed properly (it's still playable, just thought I'd say.)

Last edited by Zerosuit connor,

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
quick status update: the JIT and DSi support work together now on both x64 and aarch64 (Windows and Linux). All of this work has been done in the main repository so it's yet to land on the Switch, which will probably go hand in hand with the new GUI.

*Fullscreen rendering, with the adjecent screen being overlayed onto the bottom right corner.
(Same as in the the Zero&ZX Collection for Switch.
without widescreen cheats that seems pretty pointless to me. Though apparently there's demand for it, so I will consider it.

Thanks a ton for this, I've really been enjoying it over the last week and a bit. Mostly everything runs at full speed, but I have noticed a couple of issues; Spirit Tracks crashes at launch and fog in Phantom hourglass isn't displayed properly (it's still playable, just thought I'd say.)
oh I'm surprised that crash wasn't reported earlier. Fortunately I'm pretty sure I've already fixed this issue (but in the main repository) because it occured with the DSi menu as well. As for the Phantom Hourglass bug can you give me a savefile?

Zaiphon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not running for me, crashes / doesnt load at all. And the Retroarch desmue works but mega slow.

EDIT: Fixed it.

Last edited by Zaiphon,

pausuri

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you very much for this Emu, even in early development stage emulates quite well most of the games I've tried so far

good memories with Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems all roms are crashing for me upon boot.

• Running SX OS 3.0.4 on a SX Lite installation for the Switch Lite (for which atmosphere is not available),
  • I've tried running with full ram access while holding R over a title
  • Also I've also tried using an NRO forwarder (which I also can't seem to run individual games with, only the main application appears, but that's no big deal).
  • Checked the MD5 sums of my bios and firmware, they all check out
  • SD Card is fat32
EDIT: Did some tinkering, seems that turning off fast memory fixes it. It causes slowdown, but at least they run.

Last edited by mattyxarope,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night