nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you for your work. You gave many Switch users a good time, and without a doubt a big smile. Hope we see more of your work soon. Great, awesome work man. Cheers.

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In a later release will we eventually be able to have multiple instances of a game open for local play?
maybe if there's a hackable Switch pro which can handle melonDS more than once :lol: (though it would still be hard due to the way melonDS is programmed).

On the otherhand online multiplayer with both other melonDS instances and real DSs isn't that far away from reality.

CrumblyCookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe if there's a hackable Switch pro which can handle melonDS more than once :lol: (though it would still be hard due to the way melonDS is programmed).

On the otherhand online multiplayer with both other melonDS instances and real DSs isn't that far away from reality.
Local play with MelonDS and a real ds is gonna be possible?

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Local play with MelonDS and a real ds is gonna be possible?
no, only online (wifi) multiplayer (as opposed to nifi/local wireless), because 1. the latency requirements are less strict and 2. the Switch (or any devices except real DSs and 3DSs or something custom build for that matter) doesn't have the hardware to connect with a real DS.

Reactions: CrumblyCookie

CrumblyCookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, only online (wifi) multiplayer (as opposed to nifi/local wireless), because 1. the latency requirements are less strict and 2. the Switch (or any devices except real DSs and 3DSs or something custom build for that matter) doesn't have the hardware to connect with a real DS.
So does that mean I won’t be able to play new super Mario bros ds on switch and a real ds

ursulator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First, I'd like to report that SM64DS is running pretty much flawless at this point (with max OC on CPU) with only very very minor slowdowns. In the NSMB card minigames, there is slowdown whenever toad enters the screen.
Also, I'd like to report a bug: The World Ends With You crashes in the opening sequence, as seen here

I've tried various settings, but nothing really seems to work.
On another note, I really love the gyro touch control! It makes the easier Pokemon Ranger games playable while docked.

Edit: I'm using the latest release, R4.

Last edited by ursulator,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying this build out for the first time and I have to say I'm really impressed by the performance. Portrait of Ruin is mostly solid with an overclock, even when 3D elements show up. NSMBU also running quite well. It also replicated some effects in PoR that Drastic skips and doesn't microstutter when its at fullspeed like Drastic does for me. The UI still seems a bit rough for controller (rather than touch) navigation but I hope that may be addressed in time.

Are savestates supported yet or planned? I didn't notice any mention of them in the UI right now.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I know that this is such an odd request but I figured I'd politely ask anyway. Is there a way to have window configurations saved between different Global Rotations? I frequently go back and forth between docked mode and in my Flip Grip, and every time I have to re-arrange my windows so they're not off-screen or overlapping.

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, I'd like to report a bug: The World Ends With You crashes in the opening sequence, as seen here
that's unfortunately a known bug in melonDS

On another note, I really love the gyro touch control! It makes the easier Pokemon Ranger games playable while docked.
I tried playing Wario Ware with it and found it to be harder, so hearing of someone playing Pokemon Ranger (which needs quite fast and precise touch controls) surprises me a bit

Are savestates supported yet or planned? I didn't notice any mention of them in the UI right now.
they're already implemented in the emulator core, but need to be exposed by the interface (like so many things ugh, cheats and slot2 modules…).

I know that this is such an odd request but I figured I'd politely ask anyway. Is there a way to have window configurations saved between different Global Rotations? I frequently go back and forth between docked mode and in my Flip Grip, and every time I have to re-arrange my windows so they're not off-screen or overlapping.
looked into it and it doesn't seem too hard to implement

Last edited by catlover007,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1