Megman Battle Network

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by Pho8, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Pho8
    OP

Pho8 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2008
    United States
    Sorry if this has been asked (and I'm sure it has), but I've searched and found nothing. I played BN1 a few years back and my ROM only had about half the game. A FAQ on gamefaqs.com even verified that the ROM would go to a black screen at that exact spot.

As it's been a few years now. Is there a full version of the ROM now? If so, is there a way to tell if I have a full or half version without playing up to that spot? Like the filesize or something along those lines.

EDIT: And in true noob fashion it looks like I posted in the wrong section. [​IMG] My bad.

2. hankchill

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    No asking for roms. Even if you're not directly asking, I can read between lines [​IMG]

Try playing to that spot [​IMG] Simple as that.

3. Pho8
    OP

Pho8 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2008
    United States
    It turns out you can't read between the lines as well as you thought. I'm not looking for a download link or anything like that. I just want to know if a full version exists. A simple yes or no would suffice. If there were a way to tell if it's the full version or not without playing up to that spot then that would be helpful too. I don't want to waste my time if a full version doesn't even exist.

4. hankchill

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    Allright, you escaped my trap [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure a full one does exist, I can remember way back when I played that and the second one multiple times over, and I remember getting everything.

5. Pho8
    OP

Pho8 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2008
    United States
    Thanks!

6. virtualboy

virtualboy Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2008
    Canada
    Try playing the game on a flashcart instead of emulator

7. Pho8
    OP

Pho8 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2008
    United States
    It's not exactly an option for me, but, that would make a difference?

8. virtualboy

virtualboy Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2008
    Canada
    Well, I've played the rom dump all the way thru on hardware with no problems. If its not working on emulators (copy protection), your only options would be using a flashcart on hardware or looking for an original on ebay.

9. Pho8
    OP

Pho8 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2008
    United States
    I see. That explains a lot and is exactly the info I was wondering about. Are all the Battle Networks like this?

10. Twiffles

Twiffles танковые победы

Sep 6, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Well I got MMBN2 on a emulator now and played through it all like 6 times. >_>

11. Kaos

Kaos Good show!

Nov 25, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    I've played MMBN1 to the end of the storyline and partway through the postgame areas on a flashcart.