megaman

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Lelouch, Nov 6, 2008.

Nov 6, 2008

megaman by Lelouch at 12:59 AM (3,230 Views / 0 Likes) 32 replies

1. Lelouch
    OP

Member Lelouch GBAtemp Fan

United States
    hey I was wondering which megaman platformers on the ds or gba are fun and worth downloading? Ive never played any and want to get some peoples opinions on their favorite ones. thank you

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Megaman Zero 2 on the GBA was really good though the others are fine too. The ones for the DS aren't that great.

3. Lelouch
    OP

United States
    thank you I'll try this one out! which series are rpgs and which are platformers also?

4. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Battle Network/Star Force are RPGs. The rest of them are side-scrollers I believe. Though I'd stay away from Star Force, Battle Network is awesome but went downhill after the 3rd game. (except the 6th one, that was pure awesomness) But I agree, the Zero series is a good way to start. If you want a good Megaman game on DS though, I'd consider playing ZX or ZX Advent. (Though to play ZX Advent, you'd have to play ZX to get the grasp of the story and how things work.)

5. Lelouch
    OP

United States
    there seems to be a lot of battle network games on the gba/ds which one(s) should I try first? thanks for the help guys I'll try zero and zx also

6. Rock Raiyu

United States
    Start from BN1 and work your way up. Its worth it. (Again, till it gets to 4, then it goes downhill till 6). Also, if you must play Star Force for NDS...skip SF1..its just complete trash.

7. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Play the entire Megaman Zero series on the GBA, then Megaman ZX and ZX Advent on DS.

If you're into a more RPG style, then play Battle Networks. There are 6 of them, and most are good, so just play whichever. I think people say the best one is either 2 or 3, I'm not sure.

If you liked Battle Network, then go on to play Starforce on the DS. Everyone always complains about them, but I really like them.

8. Lelouch
    OP

United States

9. Dark

Member Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I would skip megaman battle network 4,5 and the entire star force series. Those games where so bad. (I played every megaman game for the gba and the DS [​IMG] ) Megaman battle network 3 was the best battle network!

10. Twiggy12

Member Twiggy12 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    i dont like any on the ds they all suck, they have cutscenes and a real story, not my thing in a platofrmer, i frefer megaman 1-9 since they have a 3 lined story then you play, just like mario, i recomend getting nes emulator onds and playing megaman 2

11. Rock Raiyu

United States
    I agree, skip 4 & 5 all together. Though the Star Force series isn't SO bad. Its just a bad rip of Battle Network. I'll admit, SF1 was just bad all together, it improved in SF2, and with SF3 (Japanese version) coming out next week, its improved a great bit.

12. Dark

Member Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Megaman starforce got the dumbest story and it is shorter that the battle network games.

13. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Agreed.

At least B network is not about "the only hero left", it's "you got the determination"

ZX and Advent is not that bad, they're actually pretty good, and Star Force 1.... meh.....

14. Raestloz

Indonesia
    EDIT: Sorry, my browser told me there's some kind of error, so I tried again in 10 minutes, meanwhile I was reading another topic and I used back instead of refresh [​IMG]

15. Daihatsuboy

Newcomer Daihatsuboy Advanced Member

United States
    The only Megaman Battle Net games I actually liked were 2 and 6.

I tried the first Starforce for like a few mins and I was like... this sucks.

16. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    ZX and ZXA were amazing. Super fun, good story, excellent gameplay, and you get a bunch of forms. (Although you only end up using 2 or 3 the most)

17. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    The ones on GBA/NDS aren't really true Mega man games, they don't even star him!

NDS: ZX & ZX Advent, both are good fun. Avoid the Starforce games.
    GBA: Mega Man Zero 1-4 are good. The first two Battle Network games were good but the rest got real dull and Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge is terrible.

Would be nice if Capcom made a proper Mega Man game for the DS.

18. Raestloz

Indonesia
    But, Megaman has died, they can't make anything out of him anymore in Nintendo

19. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Mega Man 9?

We're talking sci-fi, there is no such thing as "can't". The guy can easily come back.

20. Shabadage

Member Shabadage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Shame on you guys. You forgot Megaman & Bass. I'd also recommend loading up the old GB emu and playing the MM Xtreme series. Those were quite good and have actually aged pretty decently.