Gaming Megaman ZX on G6 Lite...is it working for you?

badrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I'm new here
smile.gif
Just getting into the DS lite cards and homebrew stuff in general. I had a question.

Megaman ZX isn't working on my G6 Lite here. The only reason I am concerned is I was about to pick up a second G6 Lite for my fiancee, and now I'm concerned that perhaps new games have some way to stop them from running on the backup carts! Is anyone else having success with this game?

Thanks.

Edit: If you have this problem, it can be fixed by using the latest loader, which is currently version 4.4 which is not yet on the English download site but can be found at the bottom of this page: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36989
Thanks everyone for your help.

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
nO PROBS HERE MATE! ALL game inc. mega man are working-a-ok!

BTW forget about homebrew if ur getting a G6....it no-no worky!

You understand my engrish/whut i am sayin' eh? Well do u punk?

badrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nO PROBS HERE MATE! ALL game inc. mega man are working-a-ok!

Thanks for the response.

Huh, I just tried obtaining the game elsewhere and the same problem occurs. The green circle that fills for loading fills to 100% and the game freezes there. Did you change any of the options in the dialog the G6 manager pops up? Or do anything else special? Grrr...I'll play with it some more. Hopefully my G6 lite isn't bad. Megaman ZX is the only game that has this issue.

QUOTE(AWESOME_noob @ Sep 19 2006, 01:51 AM)BTW forget about homebrew if ur getting a G6....it no-no worky!

I've had fairly good success with homebrew, as long as it doesn't need the fat libraries (which, if i understand it correctly, let the app access file outside of its rom). The only two things that I tried that didn't work were DS Doom and (unfortunately) DS Organize. Hopefully someday homebrew developers will get fat working on the G6 Lite.

badrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, just got it to work.

I had to go to the Read Method tab and change from DoFat to Safe Mode. Now the game boots and runs fine.

As far as I can tell the only downside to Safe Mode is no support for soft reset - which I never use anyway. Perhaps I should start using Safe Mode as a default.

sketch143

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that works with safe mode but i doubt that you can save. Update your loader for better compatibility with the newer games

badrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes, your right. No saves!

I've been reading up more, and it appears every once in a while new games come out where you will need a new loader/flasher. I am running the latest software U-disk Manager Version V4.3A(+ loader V4.3A)

Except...why does it work for AWESOME_noob? Any ideas?

Thanks for the help by the way.

ohoni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got my G6 yesterday, but it works for me. I'm running the 4.3 firmware patched in, and the 4.4 loader, and I saved the game in safe mode (otherwise it locked up at the end of the "you got the Zx" fmv). I did have a problem though when I went from the non-safemode version to the safemode version, where it lost my saves, but I've put in six hours since, turning it on and off several times, and it's retained the saves since then.

badrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the 4.4 loader? The highest on their website is 4.3a.

The loader must be it - as thats the only difference between you and me
smile.gif

badrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks for the link. Gonna try it out in a bit, but looks like this will solve it! From the changelog:

3) #556 & #559 - Solved the problem that only safe mode was working

and 556 = megaman!

I'll report back later.

Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I used the 4.4 loader & 4.3 Firmware. The game starts and save works and everything was working perfectly until the game froze to a white screen when I tried to change into Hx gear from Zx. Haven't yet tried if this is only a one time thing, but I'm guessing it'll happen again. I used DoFat & rom trim & soft reset. The reason I have this problem is propably the rom trim though. I'll backup my save and burn the rom without rom trim now and see if it works.

sketch143

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When i write the rom, i don't touch the settings unless necessary.. i found that trimming the rom proves useless anyways, and it makes problems like this surface. Played through Megaman ZX without a single problem with No safemode, no rom trim and no soft reset. Saves fine. Never encountered white screens or hangs of any sort.

Xlom3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone gotten the linkage for this game working?

There's a couple doors near the end that require MMZ 3 and MMZ 4 to be plugged in to unlock them

badrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure enough, using the 4.4 loader fixed my issue. The game is working, and saves are working!

Thanks everyone for your help.

Quaker Oats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the 4.4 loader & 4.3 Firmware. The game starts and save works and everything was working perfectly until the game froze to a white screen when I tried to change into Hx gear from Zx. Haven't yet tried if this is only a one time thing, but I'm guessing it'll happen again. I used DoFat & rom trim & soft reset. The reason I have this problem is propably the rom trim though. I'll backup my save and burn the rom without rom trim now and see if it works.

The same thing happens to me (crashes when I try to put on Hx gear) and I tried multiple times. Has anyone found a way to fix this?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The same thing happens to me (crashes when I try to put on Hx gear) and I tried multiple times. Has anyone found a way to fix this?

Use Safe mode!

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't crash for me in DoFat, but it's when software reset is enabled that it crashes

it's like rocket slime. Crashes when software reset is on

Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Use Safe mode!

Also leaving the rom trim out fixes all the problems. (It often does, doesn't it?)

Lacrimosa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just played it with soft reset, dofat and no trim rom and works perfectly.

I saved and started it again. Works just fine. (v4.5 u-disk, v4.4 loader)
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: