Gaming Mega Man ZX/Advent

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Man said:
I actually started playing Mega Man Zero while I'm waiting. What's the big differences between Zero and ZX series'?

I also started playing Minish Cap and Tactics advance if anyone cares
smile.gif
(Ogre Tactics looks prettier so I might drop FFTA, but thats for another thread)

ZX is a continuation after megaman zero 4. after ZX is ZX Advent.

Quick Man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, but are the basically the same game? Like I know they arent the same engine, but are they the same..."game"...?

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameplay-wise, not much is different between Zero and ZX. Aside from the ability to switch "forms" and abilities (which is similar to Zero's multiple weapons in the Zero games), the gameplay remains much the same, although I think more areas are connected together in ZX than in Zero, where the Transerver was essential (IIRC).

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Quick Man said:
Right, but are the basically the same game? Like I know they arent the same engine, but are they the same..."game"...?

kinda in a way, one key difference is that in ZX, HEY!! its X
biggrin.gif
while in megaman zero: Boo~~~ It's me X ~~~Boo~~~ *flow away (that might not be the case, since my memory is a little fuzzy)

Also, zero weapon can upgrade and he has many fancy weapons in his diposal, like a shield that can be used as a boomerang, a whip in addition to his sword and blaster.

In ZX, there isnt any cyber elf to help u out, those thing are just equipments that u get from side quest, good news is that this means less grinding to feed your elf, bad news, it can mean that for those who hate side quest, tough luck, but i guess u can enjoy sliding into ice
biggrin.gif

Also, in ZX, u just sort of change forms after u defeated boss, while in MZ (shorten for megaman zero), u will be using the same form unless of cos, u fullfilled certain requirement, my fav is still rolling form(which u get from jump slashing or was it dash slash a X number of enemies).

Good part of ZX: u wouldnt be missing out on any forms at all, MZ: guess u better start googling those faqs.
Bad news: In ZX: u don have much forms to play with, while in MZ: i guess u can find a form that is more suited to your needs.

Another key difference is that MZ is a lot harder is because in ZX: just defeat the boss and tada, i got me my new awesome power
biggrin.gif
aka new form.
But in MZ: u will get those powers if u are stylish enough(in this case, kill fast, move fast, evade fast and don die or use those elf!!)

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also the storylines are directly connected. I won't spoil it for you, but Ciel discovers the Biometal shortly after Megaman Zero 4.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Quick Man said:
I'm checking these games out soon. Are they fun? Metroidvania a la Mega Man sounds freaking cool.
I have both games purchased, and I must say that they're amazing if you like megaman games at all. I too am a "metroidvania" fan. and you're right: they work out very similarly to those games. However, the way that both games are designed they're more like Metroid Fusion than Super Metroid/Metroid Prime 1/2/3/Zero Mission/Everything else. Fusion had you following a story the whole time and specific locked-away areas, and ZX works a lot like that. The games get quite hard in the later levels too, and if you have a mega man zero game for the GBA (I forget which ones matter; check Gamefaqs) you can unlock bonuses like fighting all of those games' bosses (or something like that).

ZX is better than Advent, but Advent has a LOT more features. The transformations in ZX are in Advent as well as some new ones. But the game as a whole is better in the first game, definitely
smile.gif

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sloshy said:
The games get quite hard in the later levels too, and if you have a mega man zero game for the GBA (I forget which ones matter; check Gamefaqs) you can unlock bonuses like fighting all of those games' bosses (or something like that).
You need Megaman Zero 3 and 4 to unlock the bosses.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
haflore said:
Sloshy said:
The games get quite hard in the later levels too, and if you have a mega man zero game for the GBA (I forget which ones matter; check Gamefaqs) you can unlock bonuses like fighting all of those games' bosses (or something like that).
You need Megaman Zero 3 and 4 to unlock the bosses.

That's only for the easy way to get the OMEGA form
Also, there is a fun form, the a form (not the A form)

Quick Man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, or if you mean I fight someone named "Zero" besides the protagonist, but the game is fucking hard as shit.

The first two bosses are ridiculous with their timed battles.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No sarcasm he meant that he found the game to be very easy, after many MANY(and much crying) replays so did I. In Zero 3 however you will fight Omega, who looks just like Zero for some reason..

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
haflore said:
No sarcasm he meant that he found the game to be very easy, after many MANY(and much crying) replays so did I. In Zero 3 however you will fight Omega, who looks just like Zero for some reason..
Acording to the history, OMEGA is ...

no spoils

Frog

Trophies
XP
Country
Megaman games aren't THAT hard (actually, rather easy once you play enough... i can beat zx advents hard mode real easily now)
I wish more games were that challenging now days. (damn "casual gaming")

Quick Man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what you guys are saying. Its all about attack patterns and just how patient you are with the bosses and levels. Same thing with the punch out games... WTF WHY IS THERE NO PUNCHOUT DS?!!!

Btw. My flashcart arrives tomorrow so Im opening up a new thread for recommendations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1