'Mega Man 11' Release Date Announced

mega man 1.JPG

In a press release today, Capcom confirmed the release date of the next installment in the Mega Man series, Mega Man 11, in celebration of the series’ 30th anniversary. The new title is said to blend the classic side-scrolling action gameplay with some new features like the all-new Double Gear system and a fresh new look.

In the events of Mega Man 11, long-time mustachioed series villain Dr. Wily is back to his mischievous ways and has had a true flash of evil genius, deciding to invest in an ambitious idea from his time at Robot University where he studied alongside Dr. Light, Mega Man’s benevolent creator. Dr. Light, who also recalls this inventive idea, decides to upgrade Mega Man with this powerful prototype known as the Double Gear system, installing it into his circuits and expanding his abilities for the greatest fight yet for everlasting peace.

In the press release, Capcom gave some details about the new Double Gear system which offers options to enhance Mega Man’s speed and power on the fly.
  • Speed Gear - Introduces the ability to slow the flow of time, a useful tool for many situations such as navigating tricky platforming sections or avoiding fast-moving enemies or obstacles.
  • Power Gear - Allows players to charge the Mega Buster to a new level, and weapon-based abilities become even more robust.
  • Double Gear - When at critical health, Mega Man will gain access to a hidden ability to activate both gears simultaneously, unleashing maximum power and allowing for deft maneuvers in the direst situations.
Mega Man 11 hits the PlayStation 4 , Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC on October 2, 2018.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah man, they should totally make ANOTHER 8-bit mega man reboot of the series.
I wanted to write about that, but forgot it. Of course this isn't the way either, we've had enough of those. But are you satisfied with this art style?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlike others here I'm excited for this release. It's not a big change like MM7 was, and movement makes it look like it will play like the originals. The double-gear system makes me excited to see how speed-runners will tackle this title. Some other pre-order material may have been nice other than an alternate soundtrack, like a protoman skin or alternate character, but that's probably being saved for future DLC.

But if it's 8-bit nes music, it better sound good. :)
Also I like mega man 7 :ninja:

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to write about that, but forgot it. Of course this isn't the way either, we've had enough of those. But are you satisfied with this art style?
Not really, it's kinda how I imagined Mega Man would transfer over to 3D itself. Still kinda old school, cartoony astro-boyish type designs.....just in 3D. It looks clean and smooth, and I actually like how Mega Man himself changes with the abilities he obtains now.

I mean, we could just get a touched up Powered-up style instead...

Not to say I don't like 8-bit/retro styled games, but it gets kinda old after a while. Curse of the Moon was really good IMO, but it doesn't mean that I would want Ritual of the Night to be the same style, ya know what I mean?

Last edited by SonowRaevius,

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Still looks better than the garbage overhyped Might No. 9.
Seriously... I really wanted to like Mighty9; can't, couldn't, and wouldn't...what a shame. MegaMan 9 was great re-entry to the franchise with 8-bit NES style but I was pretty disappointed when they went with the same style for MegaMan 10... seem like developers just got lazy. Now this! (MegaMan 11), a long overdue, I am really looking forward to it :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously... I really wanted to like Mighty9; can't, couldn't, and wouldn't...what a shame. MegaMan 9 was great re-entry to the franchise with 8-bit NES style but I was pretty disappointed when they went with the same style for MegaMan 10... seem like developers just got lazy. Now this! (MegaMan 11), a long overdue, I am really looking forward to it :)

The pizza explosions in the trailer ruined the game for me.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm a huge Mega Man fan ...and I'm disappointed. Is he really going to shout with every charged Mega Buster shot? It doesn't look bad, but not amazing.

How about Capcom does something non-"modern Capcom" and revives Mega Man Legends 3?

When I read that I thought "Duh, they announced it a few days ago for the Nintendo Switch."
Then I googled and to my surprise I found that this was just a dream I had recently, probably due to some excessive playing of Legacy Collection 2. :wacko:

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Mighty No. 9 is as bad as people are making it. At least not the gameplay itself.

That said, maybe they should have went with this artstyle. More 2.5D than 3D.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone feel angry that they're calling Rock "Mega" again like they did in Powered Up? As in, not Rockman vs Megaman but his normal name?

D

Deleted User

While the art style isn't the best I've seen in the series, and I've certainly heard better voice acting, I'm glad they're going forward with the series and trying a few new things with the formula. Gameplay looks solid, judging from the trailer.

Also, is it me, or does one of the stages look like it might be referencing Super Adventure Rockman?

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker