Upcoming isometric RPG 'The Thaumaturge' gets quest trailer

thaumaturge.jpg

11 bit studios' and Fool’s Theory's upcoming isometric RPG, The Thaumaturge, launches later this month. In anticipation of the release, a new, 7-minute Quest Trailer was aired today:

This particular quest, titled ‘To Dust, You Shall Return’, unfolds across several locations in Warsaw, which was under the yoke of Russian rule at the time. Poles, Russians, and Jews all coexisted within the city’s borders as it flourished culturally and architecturally before WWII, making it the perfect setting for an RPG. First stop? The elegant Imperial Hotel, where Wiktor meets Swietłana, a member of the Tsar’s court desperate to escape the city. From there, it’s off to the London Bar and a shady neighborhood, where even shadier characters await.

Wiktor’s showdown with the Okhrana, the Tzar’s secret police, showcases our turn-based combat system. With Wiktor’s thaumaturgy, players can anticipate their enemies' moves and call upon the unique skills of ethereal beings known as salutors. Drawing inspiration from folk tales, salutors also allow players to sway people to their will—a persuasive edge in sticky situations. But remember, every power has its price. As players progress through the quest, they’ll delve deeper into Wiktor’s abilities, leveling him up to become more adept at influencing people, fighting, and exploring his surroundings while unraveling the intricacies of choice-infused dialogues.

The Thaumaturge will be released on PC on February 20. The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions will launch at a later date.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really don't like isometric games.
Then don’t buy this game?
IMG_6134.jpeg

I am glad to see a trailer with gameplay footage! This is the first I’ve seen this game and I am interested in check it out

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isometric in a polygonal game? That seems a bit quirky doesn’t it? Hey I’m all for interesting visual design choices though, looks nice.

On the topic of isometric games, has anybody ever done it better than Rollercoaster Tycoon? Rotating the camera in that game still impresses the hell out of me.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Absolutely thrilled for the upcoming release of 'The Thaumaturge' by 11 bit studios and Fool’s Theory! 🎮✨ Just checked out the 7-minute Quest Trailer and it looks like the game is shaping up to be an epic isometric RPG adventure. The anticipation is real! ⚔️🔮 #TheThaumaturge #IsometricRPG"

Can you explain why you place quotation marks around your own comment? Also, I guess you can call it an RPG if a point & click investigating adventure with what is basically card based battles, then sure, it's an RPG.

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto