Upcoming RPG 'The Thaumaturge' gets story trailer

thaumaturge.jpg

After the announcement earlier this year, developer Fool’s Theory is ready to share more details about its upcoming RPG The Thaumaturge through a new story trailer. It provides a glimpse into the world of early 20th-century Warsaw that the game is set in as well as at the protagonist, Wiktor, the titular thaumaturge who bears both the gift and burden of being a miracle worker.

The gift of thaumaturgy is intertwined with family legacy, passed down through one's ancestors. This mystical inheritance significantly shapes Wiktor’s life journey. In turn, his sister Ligia is deeply fearful of her brother endangering his life in pursuit of unearthly entities and their hosts.

As only a thaumaturge can tame these ethereal entities—known to a select few as Salutors—utilizing their mystical abilities to discover secrets hidden within the human soul and speak to the Darkness, no one understands quite like Wiktor how everyone suffers their own demons.

The Thaumaturge releases on PC later this year on Steam, GOG and EGS.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Ralkila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is an RPG then DOOM is an rpg, although it had an rpg spinoff, but you get my point wtf why is classified as an RPG?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this is an RPG then DOOM is an rpg, although it had an rpg spinoff, but you get my point wtf why is classified as an RPG?

I'd rather hear you explain why you feel it should not be classified as an RPG. Isometric view with turn based combat? Nah. Couldn't possibly be anything like an RPG, could it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head