• Replies 3,952
  • Likes 278

Markinhfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well your work is appreciated VERY much :)
To reflect the retroness... I guess. XD

I also re-upped the MediCat ISO (with new hashes) because I had to fix a Linux.cfg menu label error; I forgot to label it: - Lubuntu Linux -

And also fixed the Mega link. All should be working now. Also, post #400 is mine! :grog:

Hi, Dumb question time... :) You mentioned you were uploading 3 iso... 2 of them are just the Mini win 10? 64 and 32 and the other is the full meal deal is that correct? I assume the main one has both of the others? also what is the best usb stick size? 8gb? or 16?
Thank you for your hard work and efforts

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Dumb question time... :) You mentioned you were uploading 3 iso... 2 of them are just the Mini win 10? 64 and 32 and the other is the full meal deal is that correct? I assume the main one has both of the others? also what is the best usb stick size? 8gb? or 16?
Thank you for your hard work and efforts
The full one only has the 32-bit version, but after you burn it to usb, you can add the 64-bit version very easily. And yes, an 8gb USB stick is the minimum.

Reactions: Markinhfx

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean add to the same usb stick? If so how? as a separate boot option? sorry for the questions.....
Naw, you just add the .ISO to the ISO folder, and then edit the main_menu.cfg in Notepad to see the new ISO.

Reactions: Markinhfx

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Made a "TF2-inspired" theme... DARE I KEEP GOING?

ISO Testing-2016-05-12-19-40-20.png

Last edited by Jayro,

stublu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just found this and it looks great, much nicer than Hirens (plus our new Dell computers don't like Hirens anymore). The only thing I can't find is a formatting utility like DBAN or LLF Tool. Is there one somewhere on the disk or should I just add my own?

I added the DBAN ISO to the drive, but have no idea if I can add it to the boot menu. Is this something I could do?

Last edited by stublu,

kkolner

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi I'm new to this

I love this disc but something I don't understand is it always says it can't install some kind of drivers after booting mini windows 10 (something like can't find executables)
How to solve the error?

Last edited by kkolner,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Just found this and it looks great, much nicer than Hirens (plus our new Dell computers don't like Hirens anymore). The only thing I can't find is a formatting utility like DBAN or LLF Tool. Is there one somewhere on the disk or should I just add my own?

I added the DBAN ISO to the drive, but have no idea if I can add it to the boot menu. Is this something I could do?
Yes, just copy the boot entry for the Comodo.iso entry from main_menu.cfg and edit it to point to your added iso image.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi I'm new to this

I love this disc but something I don't understand is it always says it can't install some kind of drivers after booting mini windows 10 (something like can't find executables)
How to solve the error?
I have only seen the error maybe twice? And if you just hit okay and keep going, it should just continue booting up.

Last edited by Jayro,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Version 10.21.2016 is officially in alpha build stages, as of this post.

I have already begun adding a few new helpful (and possibly dangerous) utilities to the menus.

The first utility is a (teeny 25MB) WinXP-based WinPE ISO of Daossoft's "Windows Password Rescuer". It's half the size of "PC Unlocker", and supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2012 Server, 2008 Server, 2003 Server, and 2000. This is the new menu entry on the Main Menu, highlighted here:

medicat.10.21.2016-alpha.png

Me testing it on a Windows 10 install (It worked too):

Daossoft Windows Password Rescuer.png

The second utility Is DBAN v2.3.0, which needs no introduction. I've added it to the Harddisk Tools menu, as seen here:

DBAN.png

I have even added appropriate warnings around it, just in case. Both of these ISOs are in the /ISO folder at the root of the disc, and will be in the October release.

Last edited by Jayro,

liftedplane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome work, I haven't logged in here in years and felt the need to say thank you, Hirens had saved my ass numerous times, but it's so outdated now it only seems to help sometimes... wonderful work mate.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
awesome work, I haven't logged in here in years and felt the need to say thank you, Hirens had saved my ass numerous times, but it's so outdated now it only seems to help sometimes... wonderful work mate.
Thanks, I really enjoy making this for you all. :)

Craig Godfrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange behavior from my PC ...
Setup:
Computer - Acer Aspire TC-710
CPU - Intel I7-6800 64 bit
Memory - 16 gigs DDR3-1600
Harddrive - 2 TB
BIOS - American Megatrends Inc. R01-A1

Background: I am not able to boot from any device (USB Flash, CD, DVD) while the boot type is set to UEFI in the boot options screen of my BIOS. It has to be set to Legacy. I am not able to boot from the internal hard drive while the boot type is set to Legacy. It has to be set to UEFI (pain in the arse!).

Problem: When I set my BIOS to Legacy and boot my Medicat USB stick into the Mini Windows 10, it loads the 32 bit version of Windows, not the 64 bit version of Windows.

Any clue as to why this is? Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1