ROM Hack Maybe some good news for a flash player on DS

ak_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Adobe launched the Open Screen Project to widen the presence of Flash on portable devices. It may be good news for a possible (homebrew) flash player on the DS.

QUOTE said:
* Removing restrictions on use of the SWF and FLV/F4V specifications
* Publishing the device porting layer APIs for Adobe Flash Player
* Publishing the Adobe Flash® Cast™ protocol and the AMF protocol for robust data services
* Removing licensing fees – making next major releases of Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR for devices free

Open screen project official website.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I have so many good flashes that working flash player with ability to play movies and games on ds would be heaven on earth for me
smile.gif
(ok maybe I'm little overreacting
smile.gif
). But seriously I doubt in this project, my brother have a spv something phone and have installed flash player for windows mobile, and that flash player don't want to play every flash, only a couple of them , so what could be with ds that have weaker insides than some new smartphone.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Simply put, the Nintendo DS doesn't have the hardware to cope with 95% of the flasg movies/games out there. Not to many mobiles devices to. The Nintendo DS only has 4 megs of ram, which is far from being enough to handle a flash file. If anything was made for the NDS, it would only be capable of playing simple, small flash files and thats about it. Even if a RAM expansion pack was supported, the ARM processors in the NDS aren't powerful enough to run full features flash games or movies.

So this will unlikely ever to happen. What would be possible though is port over J2ME (Java 2 Mobile Edition) to the NDS and have them run the apps at full speed. Now only if the NDS ould run the J2ME app alled Opera Mobile, the new beta is quite amaing. Its faster then the Opera Browser made for the DS and supports downloads.

ak_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the info Narin. I'm not very aware of this technical stuff so i was expecting posts like yours. Well, too bad for FLashDS, but this J2ME thing sounds great, let's hope it'll come true someday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...