Homebrew Maximum size of files you can load in wii

Dnby_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I'm trying to make a homebrew game for wii, but i'm getting errors in dolphin when I try to load more images and audio files, I've tried lowering the image's resolution to something really low, and it works just fine, but what i'm finding weird is that i'm just using 3mb of images, is this the limit of the wii, or can I use more than 3mb?

Idk if that helps, but i'm using GRRLIB and Oggplayer to make this game :)

Dnby_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
512mb is the ram limit, when you start up the app it loads all of that to ram, files can be any size but not any bigger than 512mb. The only thing that can be really heavy are probably the audio files. I can't say any fix because I do not know a lot about wii development.
oh, thanks a lot, i will make some other tests, because is really strange that it crashes with 3mb, if i find something interesting i'll post it here

EnterpriseFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
512mb is the ram limit, when you start up the app it loads all of that to ram, files can be any size but not any bigger than 512mb. The only thing that can be really heavy are probably the audio files. I can't say any fix because I do not know a lot about wii development.
The Wii doesn't have 512 MB of RAM. Its more like 88 MB with some reserved for IOS.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That's a joke, right? The Wii has 64MB + 24MB 1T-SRAM.

Hi, I'm trying to make a homebrew game for wii, but i'm getting errors in dolphin when I try to load more images and audio files, I've tried lowering the image's resolution to something really low, and it works just fine, but what i'm finding weird is that i'm just using 3mb of images, is this the limit of the wii, or can I use more than 3mb?

Idk if that helps, but i'm using GRRLIB and Oggplayer to make this game :)
You could politely ask newo, he/she is a good active Wii homebrew dev. Check here.

Dnby_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh wow, so many answers ksadjka thanks for the atention

Maybe the assets take up too much space in RAM when decompressed?
oh, maybe, I'll see if there's a way to see how much memory the images are actually using when it's running on the wii
but what's really strange for me is how it can't load 3mb of content, i've lowered the resolution of the images and compressed them
idk, if i find something i'll post it here lol thanks ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Every so often they only come around like once a year