ROM Hack Maximum Overload v1.3 Cracked

RueGorE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well well. Looks like somebody finally got it to work other than "Fritz".

Story was, a certain someone I know, going with a different alias of "Fritz" privately released a firmware hack for the GBAMP to a few communities, one of which being GBATMW (GBA The Movie Way forum). He gave me a copy of the hack which was locked down to just my NDS system by way of my DS' MAC address and giving me a "password", and sure enough, without any patching to the NDS roms, they worked, although there was no saving. At the time, only the first couple hundred released ROMs worked, but the rest after that kept saying there were "read" errors or "No Save Found" (this was AFTER the ROM loaded, so the game engine was completely working at this point when I got the message in any game).

Apparently, this was only as "proof" against claims that the GBAMP can not load DS ROMS due to lack of onboard RAM. After that, "Fritz" quietly disappeared and the firmware hack never released because of "Fritz's" strong belief of no piracy.

So like I said, it's nice to see someone else able to do this.

RueGorE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So uh, no chance that there will be continued support for this cracked patcher for newer roms or those that do not work, huh?

Edit: I think I've figured how to get past the "building file list" which takes forever.

I had "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan.nds" on there, and it didn't get to the file list, so I renamed it to "ouendan.nds" and it came up immediately this time, although Ouendan didn't work with fast boot. Haven't tried slow-boot yet.

memyselfandi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty nice.
EDIT: lol, that darn thing has a better menu than the supercard, hehehehe
laugh.gif

BloodCrest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope as long as you have chisms hack(pretty sure thats what you mean by your flash gbamp) and a flashed ds your good to go. But only letters in the rom name.

jimkf90

Trophies
XP
Country
the menu wont show up! once i boot my DS, i just get two white screens.... i have the firmware hack, I've tried with 3 different CF cards, tried both Passkey1 and passcard3...... not working =(

could someone describe step-by-step what i need to do to make this work?
thanks

falcon!!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
step by step:
patch the nds rom.
put the pat file and nds rom on root directory
put _boot_mp.nds on root
load _boot_mp.nds
And you should view the list

BTW star fox doesnt work. It cant be patched

xskater101189

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading in the compatability list that was on there so anyways it says that mario 3 on 3 basketball would work but only with the sram game? Would anyone care to tell me just what that is?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Do the "save patch" saves work for anyone? The game is supposed to save on the CF card, and the loader creates a 1MB .SAV file, but the next time I load the game, the saves are gone.

Help.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a question, im testing sort of what interfear with loader, i have 2 CF cards, one has only the loader and games on it [works fine]
the other has all my files on it, [wont find the games]

im trying to figure out how the loader will ingnore the files if they are in the main dirrectory, but then i figured out that on my first card i could put the games into a folder..[folder=games]

so i want to find out if there is a way to hack/edit the loader to change the source game dirrectory to what ever your want, so it will look for the games at a specific place on your CF card.

can this be done?

groundbeef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do the "save patch" saves work for anyone? The game is supposed to save on the CF card, and the loader creates a 1MB .SAV file, but the next time I load the game, the saves are gone.

Help.

Try using the second save slot. I dont remember why, but i read to try that and it works. My tingle game wouldnt hold a save in the first slot either, but now its fine in the second slot. I dont know if thats because i have a mario game saved to the first slot so its "taken", but then i also have a brain age save in the first slot and i get no problems there. Also, i know that tony hawk and rub rabbits just wont hold a save period.

As far as i can work it, mario hoops and starfox are not compatible with this patcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay