3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thanks for making this guide.
However i am running into a problem.
When i klik on add the chocolate i get a black screen with the tekst "SD mount failed" could the SD card be the problem?
Yup it's the SD card. It must be formatted to FAT32, and inserted properly. Maybe the slot is dusty inside.

mgfcortez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
want to say thank you went to Walmart got a new 32gb SD card for $12 installed Zelda then rebooted installed the update and plays like a dream so to all who are trying to get it to work with a micro SD and adapter you might get the home brew going with them 3 small files but with a game like Zelda that's close to 10gb no way you need the real deal to install games i installed to the nad on my wii u cause people said it's a lot faster than usb don't want to have a big lag they say it has frame rate problems but i don't see it but i'm not a picky gamer that needs 60fps or even 30fps :P runs great thanks again for your guild going to try to install the CFW on the system next instead having to go online to get it going so when i beat it my friend can use my wii u to play the game he don't have a isp

Last edited by mgfcortez,

Agent_Moler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have games with these folders, are you saying it's impossible to get these to work or do I need to do something to them first?

thanks for the guide btw!

Ok, I figured out that I had to put the games in the proper path for loadiine. Now they work.

Another question, can you only load one backup per play session with loadiine? Every time I try to go back into HBC after, my Wii U crashes. Having to restart my system all the time is kind of annoying.

tigg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry im a complete noob whe it comes to mocha, been using loadline.. when it comes to installing a game.. and putting it in the install floder... do i put the wud file there because it tells me its to ig for fat 32

mgfcortez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with Breath of the wild out, how do we proceed when its asking for an update?

well 1st thing you need to block updates like in this guild tells you i installed Zelda and the update and when i go to play it it trys to update but can't then it ask if i want to play without updating and i say yes and it plays for me so no problem sure you'll be able to download updates for it and install them yourself like you have to do to get it to play well at least thats what i read and i did didn't try without the 1st update anyway as long as you have updates blocked i don't see how you have to worry but maybe wrong Zelda is the only game i installed ever just did it so I'm still green myself :P

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, but trying to load either Mocha or the Homebrew Launcher through the browser just hangs on a white screen with the Wii U logo in the bottom right corner and the looping audio it makes when going back to the home menu from an application. This is the first time I've attempting loading homebrew on this, so it's had nothing done to it, and it's running 5.5.1.

Edit: Seems the fact that I named the SD "WIIU" is the problem. How dumb.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: MattKimura

EXCL

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the guide :) I'm hitting a little snag - I've launched WUP Installer GX2 and it is coming up with an error "No installable content found". Any ideas? Thx

Cheeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the guide :) I'm hitting a little snag - I've launched WUP Installer GX2 and it is coming up with an error "No installable content found". Any ideas? Thx
You have to supply the files you wish to install yourself, they don't come with GX2. You only get this error if you don't have anything ready on your SD to be installed.

mgfcortez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, but trying to load either Mocha or the Homebrew Launcher through the browser just hangs on a white screen with the Wii U logo in the bottom right corner and the looping audio it makes when going back to the home menu from an application. This is the first time I've attempting loading homebrew on this, so it's had nothing done to it, and it's running 5.5.1.

Edit: Seems the fact that I named the SD "WIIU" is the problem. How dumb.

really i named mine wii u and i have no problem weird, i do get stuck at the white screen sometimes but restart and just boot again no problem. i put the Haxchi on my wii u now hoping it will load better and for my friend who don't have a ISP when he wants to use my system works great not going to try cold booting not that big of a deal to click Haxchi when i want to play a backup no reason to risk destroying my wii u never know somebody might delete something and boom no more wii u.lol

anyway very happy about it wish Zelda stop looking for a update everytime i load the game but oh well not to big of a wait before i can load it

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really i named mine wii u and i have no problem weird, i do get stuck at the white screen sometimes but restart and just boot again no problem. i put the Haxchi on my wii u now hoping it will load better and for my friend who don't have a ISP when he wants to use my system works great not going to try cold booting not that big of a deal to click Haxchi when i want to play a backup no reason to risk destroying my wii u never know somebody might delete something and boom no more wii u.lol

anyway very happy about it wish Zelda stop looking for a update everytime i load the game but oh well not to big of a wait before i can load it
Wait does wiiubru.com/mocha sometimes cause a white screen? So it doesn't have a 100% success rate? I so Im thinking of removing that from the guide and having users manually boot it from Homebrew Launcher instead.

mgfcortez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you know the screen that comes up with the wii u logo its white well sometimes it hangs and the wii u logo don't show up it's not a big deal. i wouldn't take mocha out the guild some people may not have the money to download one of the ds games from the wii store to use the homebrew launcher, plus you need mocha to install the homebrew launcher anyway don't you? but your guild is perfect everyone else makes things harder than they need to like i told a buddy about your guild its dummy proof if you want to ad a note that it may hang sure also might want to tell people to stay away from micro SD cards another guy gave me that tip and i never could get the game installed until i got a real SD card and i tried all day over and over reformating that micro SD to fat 32 tried low kbs all the way up to 64kbs.lol it never worked but worked 1st try with a real SD card

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you know the screen that comes up with the wii u logo its white well sometimes it hangs and the wii u logo don't show up it's not a big deal. i wouldn't take mocha out the guild some people may not have the money to download one of the ds games from the wii store to use the homebrew launcher, plus you need mocha to install the homebrew launcher anyway don't you? but your guild is perfect everyone else makes things harder than they need to like i told a buddy about your guild its dummy proof if you want to ad a note that it may hang sure also might want to tell people to stay away from micro SD cards another guy gave me that tip and i never could get the game installed until i got a real SD card and i tried all day over and over reformating that micro SD to fat 32 tried low kbs all the way up to 64kbs.lol it never worked but worked 1st try with a real SD card
Hmm it might be a bigger problem to have it freeze than to simply launch it from homebrew launcher and be done with it. I'll have to change it eventually.
Also micro SD cards do work, I use one myself. You just can't use any old SD card or a faulty one. The reason your new SD works is because it's brand new and legitimate.
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it! Knowing that the guide works is good to hear.

mgfcortez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the micro SD worked to load up the homebrew but wouldn't for installing Zelda thats almost 10gbs have you used a micro SD for big files like that? cause my micro is a good card but using a adapter like that can cause problems by it braking the contact so small files are not as big of a problem but with something that is really big and takes a long time can cause errors

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait does wiiubru.com/mocha sometimes cause a white screen? So it doesn't have a 100% success rate? I so Im thinking of removing that from the guide and having users manually boot it from Homebrew Launcher instead.
I've learned that letting your home menu plaza populate a little and leaving the curtains closed in the browser until your Mii pops up leads to a more successful bootrate. This applies to the HBL as well. Also, it's probably worth mentioning that the Mocha build you include in your pack is outdated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well the micro SD worked to load up the homebrew but wouldn't for installing Zelda thats almost 10gbs have you used a micro SD for big files like that? cause my micro is a good card but using a adapter like that can cause problems by it braking the contact so small files are not as big of a problem but with something that is really big and takes a long time can cause errors
I used a 16 gb MicroSD last night to install it and the update. Had no problems whatsoever. I also grabbed the game using Wii U USB Helper, so that might make a difference.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: MattKimura

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this isn't the best place to ask, but can I use your included method to get my GameCube (wavebird) controller to work in place of Wii U pro controller, specifically in Twilight Princess and Mario Kart? I have the official adapter already that I use for Smash.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Elodain @ Elodain: I mean they live in the lap of luxury and they wanna get salty over what is to them chump change...