1. cmedine

cmedine Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    alright cool thats dope, would that be including all dlc as well?

2. mgfcortez

mgfcortez Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yes if someone uploads it you can get it as far as what i read go's.

3. ToneEQ

ToneEQ GBAtemp Regular

All up and running with this guide so thank you very much. Stumbled a bit as I was originally trying to install Loadiine ready games :(

Couple of quick Q's though as I'm a noob to Wii U (check my avatar).

Can Mocha be deleted from SD card once Coldbooting Haxchi is installed and working?

In fact, does the SD card need to be inserted at all unless you want/need to access Homebrew Launcher through the browser and/or channel, or install a a game to a USB drive?

4. MattKimura

OP MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

United States
    There's no reason to block with your router. I've been a long time Wii U hacks user and DNS alone can block updates, with the secondary DNS as a backup in case 1 ever goes down. You don't have to do any kind of offline hosting, even more so if you setup CBHC which boots into cfw without an SD card, or internet. The most popular DNS right now is DNS-U, which I have in the guide.

1. Yup you can delete mocha from the SD, as CBHC has it's own cfw that's faster. You won't need mocha ever again after that, but it'll only save a few KB
    2. Yup you got that right, SD can be removed any time. And is only needed to use homebrew apps or install a game.

Last edited by MattKimura, Mar 1, 2017
  5. ToneEQ

ToneEQ GBAtemp Regular

Thanks for you help.

6. Kent27

Kent27 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    For some reason the "add the chocolate" button takes me to a black screen that says "FSOFailed". Any ideas?

7. air2004

air2004 Air

United States
    How long before we see a modmii type setup app?

8. Mariobaby999

Mariobaby999 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi Matt, thanks a lot for your tutorials and much appreciated. When I get to the WUP Installer GX2, after I load it it says "no installable content found". Do you know how can I fix this?

9. MattKimura

OP MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

United States
    The error literally tells you what's wrong, you don't have the install files on your SD card.
    Should go in the install folder on the root of your SD card. If the game has code/content/meta folders then you have the wrong files.

10. mgfcortez

mgfcortez Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yeah i did that the 1st time thinking you download the games from online in there but no got to get the game files and put them on the SD then install them to wii u hard drive or usb stick. really wish they was a way i could just paste them on the stick without the SD card i can load the files easy enough but the big game files always give a error need a real SD card instead of this micro SD card and adapter :( have to wait till i get money to get one

11. Mariobaby999

Mariobaby999 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Great thanks a lot guys I was thinking the same that I can download the games online...I will find them elsewhere and then give it another go. Thanks!!

12. epanda

epanda Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Deeply appreciate the succinct guide. Quick question though: after successfully loading Mocha, when I attempt to open the Homebrew Browser, I'm taken to a white "Not Found" page in my browser.

Now, I didn't have the "Install" folder or any other files than the ones in the zip file on the SD card yet. Was that my problem?

Last edited by epanda, Mar 2, 2017
  13. Shawnj

Shawnj Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    To make the CBHC title even more inaccessible, I'd put it in a folder located on the last page of apps, and at the last page of the folder.

ToneEQ likes this.
  14. torkell

torkell Newbie
    Newcomer

I've could use some guidance concerning cooldbooting. I have successfully installed haxchi (I think) but the only icon I have on my home menu is the homebrew channel. According to your guide and several others I should have a haxchi icon on the home menu. I've started homebrew channel, installed haxchi, but still no icon on the home menu. I can run games when running mocha from starting it through homebrew channel. Any solution? Can I go on to install the cold boot anyways or should I correct something first?

15. Agent_Moler

Agent_Moler Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I also have games with these folders, are you saying it's impossible to get these to work or do I need to do something to them first?

thanks for the guide btw!

16. torkell

torkell Newbie
    Newcomer

I discovered that I was missing a K in the "HBLK" ending of the URL. Maybe that's your problem too!

17. mgfcortez

mgfcortez Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i still don't have it working myself cause my SD card isn't up to par but i seen that screen a few times after reinstalling the files it may be your SD card cause if it's bad or a micro SD like mine it can lose contact at some point and cause errors may or not be your problem try formating the card again into fat32 and reinstalling the files and it might work like i said i deleted and reformatted a few times trying to install Zelda but the game was too big to read right on that micro SD but my point is some times it loaded everything up fine others i got stuck at the white screen like you good luck

18. reddragon105

reddragon105 GBAtemp Regular

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for this guide - I finally bit the bullet and moved away from Loadiine today using this guide because it was the clearest, most concise and best laid out guide I could find and it took me through the steps, right up to cold booting, with zero problems and feeling like I knew what I was doing the whole way.

I did notice one small typo though - in Step 2) of 'II. Using Custom Firmware (CFW)' you've written the Homebrew Launcher as loadiine.ovh/550/HBL, where it should be loadiine.ovh/550/HBLK (the K is missing). This threw me slightly as the first time I tried to use my edited shortcut nothing happened, because the page wasn't found, but I quickly realised what the problem was. Just thought you might like to edit that in.

II3axapII and MattKimura like this.
  19. mgfcortez

mgfcortez Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i did that two but i made another bookmark for the 2nd time he said it right in the guild then seen it was the same bookmark lol

20. sqloud

sqloud Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Hi, thanks for making this guide.
    However i am running into a problem.
    When i klik on add the chocolate i get a black screen with the tekst "SD mount failed" could the SD card be the problem?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - MattKimuras, hacking, guide