Hacking Mathieu says something about 5.53

hakaijiren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mathieu says something about 5.53

Anyone understand what is talking about?
Or is just a clickbait?

PD: Sorry, cant post links.

UltramanMHA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I have seen, all Mathieu mostly teases (I don't know if he works with a larger team or whatever so he might have contributed to a release). Even if he has made progress to cracking 5.53 it doesn't really matter as it will never see the eyes of the public.

Last edited by UltramanMHA,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Baaaaaaiiiiiiiitt
i think so too, on the other hand ,things seem to be looking well for the ps4 scene!

how is the ext HDD support btw.? (my pro is a 1tb console, but just in case it fills up ,id need a ext hdd sometime).
was wondering whether it is compatible and stable as of now ?
and well, i am thrilled with the news of a new kex, in hopes it will be much more stable than what we have now.. and hoping for a coldboot solution.

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tell that to the (quite literally) hundreds of psp and ps3 public releases and contributions I have done over the years.
Just my two cents.

Well played sir.

The fun thing is (or sad depending on the point of view ^__^; ) regardless of that in the console circles you are mostly remembered as the guy that's always teasing.

To be honest, as a perfect nobody I suspect you do it for the lulz. ^o^

Reactions: Subtle Demise

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
PSP? Weren't you in dark alax's shadow?
Ever heard of the Pandora battery? And no I wasn't in Dark Alex's shadow, there were 3 developers in M33 including Alex. I was one of them.

In fact I am still contributing to the PSP scene even to this day:

https://www.pspdevwiki.com/wiki/PRE-IPL
https://github.com/mathieulh/DTP-T1000-Pre-IPL-dumper

Of course when it's not noob friendly projects allowing to easily pirate stuff, suddenly they might appear inexistent to the masses eh?

Last edited by mathieulh,

UltramanMHA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not too familar with the PSP scene, if you was a contributor toward that scene then I take back what I said. I wasn't trying to be a dick when I said that, so my bad if I came across that way.

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think so too, on the other hand ,things seem to be looking well for the ps4 scene!

how is the ext HDD support btw.? (my pro is a 1tb console, but just in case it fills up ,id need a ext hdd sometime).
was wondering whether it is compatible and stable as of now ?
and well, i am thrilled with the news of a new kex, in hopes it will be much more stable than what we have now.. and hoping for a coldboot solution.

Ext USB HDD works as of 4.55/4.05 just not in the same way as the official PS4 external hard drive protocol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q