Status
Not open for further replies.

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
what makes you guys think that nintendo will release a system update after iosu comes out
if they haven't even bothered patching the kernel exploit that was released 3 months ago?
did it took them this long to patch older exploits?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what makes you guys think that nintendo will release a system update after iosu comes out
if they haven't even bothered patching the kernel exploit that was released 3 months ago?
did it took them this long to patch older exploits?
IOSU will make piracy more readily available, and Nintendo still has at least one more game to launch on the Wii U that will also launch on their next console. I highly doubt they would leave a glaring vulnerability open like that

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's completely wrong. :unsure:
My bad. I've never used it and assumed it was for failed system updates. I know that the red x just means that tubehax is working and I've never had any issues removing failed game updates in my data management screen. I'll research it some more before I recommend it again. Thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOSU will make piracy more readily available, and Nintendo still has at least one more game to launch on the Wii U that will also launch on their next console. I highly doubt they would leave a glaring vulnerability open like that
Possibly, particularly when IOSU is a different animal compared to previously existing Wii U hacks, but Nintendo's track record has been to give up on patching vulnerabilities when a new console is around the corner. The best example I can think of is when Letterbomb was released about 1.3 years before the Wii U came out, and Nintendo did nothing about it. Loadiine has been available on 5.5.1 for awhile now, and Nintendo has yet to do anything about it either. With as few Wii U sales as they've had and the NX around the corner, it might not be worth the investment to patch anymore vulnerabilities.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No it's not, the update remover is useful if you want to access the eShop and download a title for example, the "failed" update will block the download from going through. Update remover fixes that.
Or you could just unplug the wiiu and then plug it back in which also removes the update and let's you back on the eshop.

Reactions: AboodXD

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Mmm yes, love unplugging my devices all the time!
no you dont need to unplug ... by holding the power button fr afew seconds the wiiu will do a force shutdown and remove he update nag thing and start downloading everything that is after it on boot.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you dont need to unplug ... by holding the power button fr afew seconds the wiiu will do a force shutdown and remove he update nag thing and start downloading everything that is after it on boot.

Well, I have services blocked already, I was just stating unplugging every time is not a viable option in my opinion.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly, particularly when IOSU is a different animal compared to previously existing Wii U hacks, but Nintendo's track record has been to give up on patching vulnerabilities when a new console is around the corner. The best example I can think of is when Letterbomb was released about 1.3 years before the Wii U came out, and Nintendo did nothing about it. Loadiine has been available on 5.5.1 for awhile now, and Nintendo has yet to do anything about it either. With as few Wii U sales as they've had and the NX around the corner, it might not be worth the investment to patch anymore vulnerabilities.
I'd argue that different cards are on the table this time around, though, since no AAA Wii games dual released on the Wii U

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My opinion. I can be wrong, of course. You guys can not agree, no problem. But I need to put this to a reflection of scene.

Even the update is advise from a trust person of scene some concerns worry me.

Why this can only work for the only firmeware without any disk update? This exploit cant work or be ported after to any previous firmeware?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My opinion. I can be wrong, of course. You guys can not agree, no problem. But I need to put this to a reflection of scene.

Even the update is advise from a trust person of scene some concerns worry me.

Why this can only work for the only firmeware without any disk update? This exploit cant work or be ported after to any previous firmeware?
Maybe it can be ported. That doesn't me it will be, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth