Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBananaMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOSU will make piracy more readily available, and Nintendo still has at least one more game to launch on the Wii U that will also launch on their next console. I highly doubt they would leave a glaring vulnerability open like that
piracy is already readily available on 5.5.1, usb storage for backup loaders isn't going to be the straw on the camel's back

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So thanks to you I did it last night and went up to 5.5.1 (TVii no longer showing up at main menu). I hope this wasn't my worst mistake for a while ... :P

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My opinion. I can be wrong, of course. You guys can not agree, no problem. But I need to put this to a reflection of scene.

Even the update is advise from a trust person of scene some concerns worry me.

Why this can only work for the only firmeware without any disk update? This exploit cant work or be ported after to any previous firmeware?

If the exploit works on the latest firmware, which is available to everyone right now and has no differences, for better or worse, with any previous firmware in terms of compatibility and accessibility... why would we need to have it ported to a previous firmware? Just update to the latest available firmware and exploit it. There's no need to maintain two versions of the exploit when the latest firmware is all you need.

I don't understand where you're coming from with the "no disk update" conspiracy, honestly. It's not like homebrew developers are trying to lock us out of IOSU by porting it to an obscure and almost unobtainable firmware. 5.5.1 is just one click away, and future games are bound to include it sooner or later.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I like my mario kart firmeware without silence updates to worry about.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't forget to change your sig... :P
Haha thanks. This one's for you:
120px-Cookie.png

Reactions: DutchyDutch

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Cant wait for something similar to cia installation on 3ds.

as long as there will be something like Wii's USB Loader GX or PS3's Multiman for the Wii U, I'm set.

Hopefully we get something like Multiman..

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well an installation system like FBI on the 3ds would completely eliminate usb loaders.

Not entirely. Technically the "installation" for Wii titles takes place on your computer to external HDD, but we still use USB Loader for the ability to read emuNAND. Since Loadiine works off of copying the game files directly to disk I imagine this is how it will work for us when IOSU is released, and it seems they are working on an emuNAND of sorts for us for release as well.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not entirely. Technically the "installation" for Wii titles takes place on your computer to external HDD, but we still use USB Loader for the ability to read emuNAND. Since Loadiine works off of copying the game files directly to disk I imagine this is how it will work for us when IOSU is released, and it seems they are working on an emuNAND of sorts for us for release as well.
Could you elaborate? Couldnt you just install wii u titles to your home menu or am missing something?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The Wii U is pretty much dead from a marketable standpoint anyways, just saying :P The impact it will have will be negligible at best.
Im guessing they still want sales though.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you elaborate? Couldnt you just install wii u titles to your home menu or am missing something?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im guessing they still want sales though.

I'm just saying whether we get IOSU access nor or later, it won't make much difference, if at all, towards hurting Wii U, that's all.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not on team SALT but I'm just drawing comparison to how the Wii (or vWii) operates now and how Loadiine is currently working. We may not be able to get the actual game installers to install to the base menu and will need to unpack titles from .wud and place on HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme