OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey again,

After thinking of a new game to make, I'm back with a new simple game called Matching Cards. The goal of the game is to pair up all the cards to proceed to the next level.

Comes with the included icon.png and meta.xml for HBC. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Matching Cards for Nintendo Wii
Another simple game for the Nintendo Wii.
Pair up all the cards before the time runs out to proceed to the next level.
There are 7 levels and once you reach level 7, the timer starts lower each time.

matching-cards-picture.jpg

View the Youtube Video
View the WiiBrew Wiki

Download: Matching Cards v0.1

Author:
teknecal ([email protected])
www.wiiregionworld.com

Usage:
Run the included ELF with your favourite method to boot homebrew.
Uses the Wiimote Controller.

Use the Wiimote as below.
[ + - - oo]

Up Button = Move Up
Down Button = Move Down
Left Button = Move Left
Right Button = Move Right
2 Button = Select card
Plus Button = Return to menu
Home Button = Return to loader

History:
11 June 2008 (v0.1)
- Initial Release

Notes:
Source code is included
smile.gif

Reading the source may cause you to have a headache.

Credits:
http://threemeninatub.blogspot.com/2007/03...ying-cards.html - Used card images

icon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for making it...

I wanted to change some of the card images so I try to setup a dev. enviro. I can compile the hello world example without problems, but I get the following warrings when I compile your card matching program:

> "make"
card_flip.mod
next_level.mod
time_over.mod
main.c
In file included from c:/projects/wii/matching_cards/source/main.c:21:
c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/jpeg/jpgogc.h:12:21: warning: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory
c:/projects/wii/matching_cards/source/main.c: In function 'create_level':
c:/projects/wii/matching_cards/source/main.c:392: warning: implicit declaration of function 'usleep'
Compiling ... picture.s
linking ... matching_cards.elf
output ... matching_cards.dol

> Process Exit Code: 0
> Time Taken: 00:05

I haven't tried to run mine yet, but the file sizes are different between yours and mine. Do you know what is causing the warings and how to avoid them? Thanks again.

teknecal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It seems like you don't have the jpeg library installed.

What you'll need to do is download libjpeg, open up the archive and extract jpeg6bogc.7z.
Then go to the bin\powerpc-gekko\ directory and copy the include and lib directories to devkitPro\devkitPPC\powerpc-gekko\

It's a bit weird that it's actually compiling. If the above doesn't work then I'd say to try and copy the bin\powerpc-gekko\include\ to devkitPro\libogc\include\ and see if that works. In my devkitPro, I don't have any libjpeg files in devkitPro\libogc\.

Regarding the warning on usleep, you can just ignore that.

icon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teknecal said:
It seems like you don't have the jpeg library installed.

What you'll need to do is download libjpeg, open up the archive and extract jpeg6bogc.7z.
Then go to the bin\powerpc-gekko\ directory and copy the include and lib directories to devkitPro\devkitPPC\powerpc-gekko\

It's a bit weird that it's actually compiling. If the above doesn't work then I'd say to try and copy the bin\powerpc-gekko\include\ to devkitPro\libogc\include\ and see if that works. In my devkitPro, I don't have any libjpeg files in devkitPro\libogc\.

Regarding the warning on usleep, you can just ignore that.

That made the error go away. I put the libjpeg in the devkitpro\libogc\include\ directory originally and it gave me the errors you saw (before that there were obviously a lot more errors). When I put them in devkitPro\devkitPPC\powerpc-gekko\ directory, I still had the same jpeg error. Then I removed it from devkitpro\libogc\include\ directory and it seemed to work. This is what I get now:

> "make"
card_flip.mod
next_level.mod
time_over.mod
main.c
c:/projects/wii/matching_cards/source/source/main.c: In function 'create_level':
c:/projects/wii/matching_cards/source/source/main.c:392: warning: implicit declaration of function 'usleep'
Compiling ... picture.s
linking ... matching_cards.elf
output ... matching_cards.dol

> Process Exit Code: 0
> Time Taken: 00:05

... and it works great. The funny thing is, it's still about 13k less than yours and it is the same size as the one I compiled before with the jpeg errors, however, I never tried running that one. Thanks for your help and nice job with the program.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1