Homebrew Masher's Homebrew Launcher Mod Custom Themes Thread

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Very cool themes guys keep up the good work @JJTapia19 did you ever considered opening a Tumblr (since it's easier to put together and to upload) for the themes? I mean at one point they will be TONS of new themes that the original post won't be enough? or someone that can make a web page can do something like coverlandia does and do a "voting" system where the people who have an account there votes for the themes and the ones with a lot of positive votes get posted and the ones with tons of views get the front page.

Also I'm planning on doing a template of the background when it will just be as easy as, here goes the text, here goes the icon ands stuff like that so newcomers have an easier way to do their themes.

Finally @masher it's doable to enable gifs in the themes?

Reactions: SLiV3R

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Very cool themes guys keep up the good work @JJTapia19 did you ever considered opening a Tumblr (since it's easier to put together and to upload) for the themes? I mean at one point they will be TONS of new themes that the original post won't be enough? or someone that can make a web page can do something like coverlandia does and do a "voting" system where the people who have an account there votes for the themes and the ones with a lot of positive votes get posted and the ones with tons of views get the front page.

Also I'm planning on doing a template of the background when it will just be as easy as, here goes the text, here goes the icon ands stuff like that so newcomers have an easier way to do their themes.

Finally @masher it's doable to enable gifs in the themes?
Great idea about tumblr! I haven't thought about that. It would have great personalization and stuff but it looks like everyone would prefer a site dedicated to themes instead of the theme list on the first post or another solution. 3DSThem.es said it have planned to add mashers hbl themes support so I think it would be best to wait for that to happen. Adding the themes to the theme list takes some time and adding them to a tumblr page too would take even more and when 3dsthem.es adds support for mashers themes I don't think people are going to use them :unsure: I hope everyone is having a good time until now sharing your themes here cause that makes it all worth it after all.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure. Would it be possible @mashers ?
Or someone could make a pc tool to extract the top and bottom pictures of body_LZ.bin files. I know it's possible with yata+ but you have to crop them for yourself. A more convinient tool could be created. I wish I knew how. I must learn...
Probably possible, but don't know how compatible they are. For example, they contain other parameters for colours etc. which might not map well to the grid launcher.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Probably possible, but don't know how compatible they are. For example, they contain other parameters for colours etc. which might not map well to the grid launcher.
Yeah I think the easiest way would be a image extractor that crops the extra space from the bottom and top screens from body.LZ.bin and automatically rename them to wallpapertop.png and wallpaperbottom.png. With your launcher we can edit the other color from the 3ds itself and in realtime so we could do that part manually. :)

Last edited by JJTapia19,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
@mashers
you can put a music nell'homebrew launcher ?
What does that mean?

Yeah I think the easiest way would be a image extractor that crops the extra space from the bottom and top screens from body.LZ.bin and automatically rename them to wallpapertop.png and wallpaperbottom.png. With your launcher we can edit the other color from the 3ds itself and in realtime so we could do that part manually. :)
Oh right, yes extracting the image should be fine. It would still mean a separate hbltheme.cfg for the rest of the settings though, so I'm not sure how much easier it really is than just having the two png files for the wallpaper.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@mashers About music wouldn't it be easier to use .wav or .ogg format instead of .bgm for your launcher. Many homebrew apps have that support it could be easier to implement.:)

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Launcher - Blue Version. Comes in both 2 and 3 row version
lJSrLs9.png
xa0LKIC.png

And for those who don't want it with the logo, save the following image and replace wallpapertop.png in the theme's folder:
qXEYiEQ.png

Attachments

• newlauncherblue.zip
    193.5 KB · Views: 455

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
@mashers About music wouldn't it be easier to use .wav or .ogg format instead of .bgm for your launcher. Many homebrew apps have that support it could be easier to implement.:)
Yeah I fully intend to use .wav as it's easier to convert to than .bgm, and hopefully won't require any conversion to get ctrulib to play it :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for my bad English.:wacko:
I mean if I can put music on my theme of charizard. ^_^
Not yet. That feature is planned though.

Reactions: JJTapia19

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you so much. This will forever be my favorite theme. I will never change it. Now if we just got starforce 4
I don't like it... I love it ^_^

I'm glad you like it, tbh I never played the games so I was completely lost when I did it. Once mashers change the theme I'll revamp them all including this one :D

Also here is the template easy but I hope it helps y'all to figure out where you can put the stuff and work around the text and stuff also @mashers do you consider using a box of text closer to the template? I think it will let us use a color box underneath it and would let the right side free to put anything we want

wjyxjrs.png

Reactions: JJTapia19

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Sorry for ask here but i can't find answer using the search bar. I see most of these theme with custom icon for the app, how i can get?
I don't understand what you are asking for. If it's how to install this custom themes all the info needed is on the first post but if you are asking about some custom icons you have seen well many are from icon packs. You can find them by searching for icon packs here on the homebrew section.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
I don't understand what you are asking for. If it's how to install this custom themes all the info needed is on the first post but if you are asking about some custom icons you have seen well many are from icon packs. You can find them by searching for icon packs here on the homebrew section.

Thanks for the answer and sorry for my bad english. I found the icon pack, thanks agian.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Here I'll leave the final version of my Retro TLO Zelda theme. This time the text should be easier to read. The text box is from the items menu on Minish Cap.

23kPi1z.png

Hope everyone likes it! :yay:

Attachments

• Majoras Mask Theme V3.rar
    377.6 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by JJTapia19,

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's amazing how productive you can be when you're procrastinating on something else.

Here's another theme, this time based on a japanese book series.

6QNtiYW.png

The full zip is too big so I'm uploading the pieces. And for some reason the config isn't uploading so here's the code. Sorry for the sloppy upload. And probably the sloppy theme too. Like I said, I'm procrastinating.

EDIT: Thanks @JJTapia19 , dunno what the problem on my end was.

Attachments

• SlayersTheme.rar
    321.6 KB · Views: 5,769
Last edited by Arseface_TM,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess s22 is getting Ai features after Samsung was like lol no just s24