Homebrew Masher's Homebrew Launcher Mod Custom Themes Thread

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone help me in getting my theme working possibly by checking the folder because I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• Kanto Starter Pokemon.rar
    1 KB · Views: 204

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone help me in getting my theme working possibly by checking the folder because I don't know what i'm doing wrong.
You've put links to the files in the theme folder instead of the actual PNG files.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@mashers The problem with grid launcher right now is that it doesn't support custom icons for various buttons like settings folder, about, etc. As a workaround, I have made the icons a part of the background. The downside is that the icons do not go away when they're not available and they don't change based on the current menu. If you could support custom icons, that would greatly improve themes.
This looks incredible. Yes this is definitely on the todo list now!

Another thing I've notice is that title, author, and description texts aren't vertically centered. Could you make it so that they are vertically centered? It would look drastically better.
Yes I'll be adding this in the near future :)

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
done

Attachments

• wallpapertop.png
    wallpapertop.png
    212.9 KB · Views: 306
  • wallpaperbottom.jpg
    wallpaperbottom.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 379

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
New Launcher - Black Version. Comes in both 2 and 3 row version.
Z1FzgRG.png
0iuo7ta.png

More color variation coming soon!

@mashers The problem with grid launcher right now is that it doesn't support custom icons for various buttons like settings folder, about, etc. As a workaround, I have made the icons a part of the background. The downside is that the icons do not go away when they're not available and they don't change based on the current menu. If you could support custom icons, that would greatly improve themes.

Another thing I've notice is that title, author, and description texts aren't vertically centered. Could you make it so that they are vertically centered? It would look drastically better.

----------------------

Some of my thoughts about the comments above. Some themes look good, others not really. Taste is really a personal preference here. Even if you're not a graphic designer you should still know a thing or two about readability, it's common sense. When sharing themes just keep that in mind.
Sorry, my usual request, can I have the top wallpaper without the New Launcher logo? :P

Reactions: fmkid and klear

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Mac OS X
But i use my android device sometimes and an FTP server
Great - it's easiest on a Mac :) Just open the PNG file in Preview then export as PNG from there. Doesn't matter if you have alpha ticked or not when you export. Then you should have a PNG version called wallpaperbottom.png and wallpapertop.png. Put them in the theme folder, go into settings and select the theme and you should see your wallpaper :)

Reactions: Games&Stuff

MartyDreamy

Would you do anything for me?
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New Launcher - Black Version. Comes in both 2 and 3 row version.
Z1FzgRG.png
0iuo7ta.png

More color variation coming soon!

----------------------

Some of my thoughts about the comments above. Some themes look good, others not really. Taste is really a personal preference here. Even if you're not a graphic designer you should still know a thing or two about readability, it's common sense. When sharing themes just keep that in mind.
Good Job, I love your Theme <3

arse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I feel bad for dishing out criticism (as helpful as I tried to be) without showing off some of my own work.

I just made this theme, based on NES Zelda. Two folders, one for 3 tier icon display and one for 2 tier. Make sure you set the amount of rows correctly in the menu depending on which one you use.

Two row display:

hbl-grid-screenshot-3hnawm.png

Three row display:

hbl-grid-screenshot-3hfapl.png

Download attached.

Opinions?

Attachments

• Zelda NES HBL Theme.zip
    129.4 KB · Views: 314
Last edited by arse,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum