Marvel vs Capcom 3 Leaked for Switch?

VpGVX5h.jpg

Today a video has surfaced of what looks to be Marvel vs Capcom 3 running on a Nintendo Switch:

What do you think? Anything seem off?

:arrow:Source
:arrow:Video mirror

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Rainway doesn't yet support switch either. Not even through the browser.
Theoretically he could mean a Rainway teaser from the devs, which have gotten things to run on the Switch themselves. But as far as Rainway goes, there was a big ordeal with them on Twitter, and I don't think they'll be getting clearance from Nintendo soon, nor will anything come from them, on the Switch at least.

MvC3 for Switch seems like a perfectly valid thing--we got the toned down Vita port a few years ago, we got the PC port last year, and it was remastered for current gen AFAIR, so a Switch port seems highly likely to be true.

D

Deleted-379826

Theoretically he could mean a Rainway teaser from the devs, which have gotten things to run on the Switch themselves. But as far as Rainway goes, there was a big ordeal with them on Twitter, and I don't think they'll be getting clearance from Nintendo soon, nor will anything come from them, on the Switch at least.

MvC3 for Switch seems like a perfectly valid thing--we got the toned down Vita port a few years ago, we got the PC port last year, and it was remastered for current gen AFAIR, so a Switch port seems highly likely to be true.
Indeed, all you see in the Rainway server after every announcement is a ton of Switch emote reactions. :P

Reactions: Subtle Demise

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
First thought Rainway to be honest. But as mentioned ... it can not really be. UNLESS the developer has a version working on Switch dev unit.

Besides that i have seen more of these 'dark' videos before. Also like;

Still all in all it would be nice to have these games come to the Nintendo Switch even if they are not the best iterations of the series, it still means more third party support ;)

Last edited by PatrickD85,
Reactions: KiiWii

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do people even remember the 5.0 update leak that everybody believed to be true? Or that blizzard tweet where everybody thought it was a switch teaser? What if this is only a guy poking fun of switch owners and making them look like dumbs after he reveals it was all fake again?

drexegar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is just capcom saying that the switch is as outdated as this game.
Don't know about that, capcom single handily force Nintendo to up the ram on the swtich to 4 gigs, that made a huge difference third party, but I dont care for marvel vs capcom 4, utimate party or whatever. I rather have the street fighter collection. And hope some how I can get a port of tatsunoko vs capcom running on it through hacking.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
that game is dead, Crapcom is going to pull off from STEAM library soon, i don't think they would spend more money to port that on switch, this rumour is very probably fake.
Wtf are you talking about? UMvC3 was released for Steam at a good price not very long ago. It's MvC:I that's hot garbage and needs to be pulled if anything.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I mean, this wouldn’t be a stretch for Capcom seeing as how they reached all the way into the depths of most of our childhoods and gave us SF2, I could see UMvC3 being on the Switch. Also, even though I would spend my money again for MvC Infinite on the Switch, currently from a business and PR standpoint, this would be a bad decision.

People already complain about the graphics, roster, and gameplay, so it’d probably be best to wait until the re release and then port that to Switch. As for Ultimate on Switch, I’ll take it, as it’ll give me an excuse to put my Vita up lol

Reactions: Xzi

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gameplay for marvel vs capcom infinite is fine for people who actually tried the game. It's everything else that's the problem, even though i personally don't mind the graphics despite the way they are.

Last edited by cvskid,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I mean, this wouldn’t be a stretch for Capcom seeing as how they reached all the way into the depths of most of our childhoods and gave us SF2, I could see UMvC3 being on the Switch. Also, even though I would spend my money again for MvC Infinite on the Switch, currently from a business and PR standpoint, this would be a bad decision.

People already complain about the graphics, roster, and gameplay, so it’d probably be best to wait until the re release and then port that to Switch. As for Ultimate on Switch, I’ll take it, as it’ll give me an excuse to put my Vita up lol
Capcom is also releasing Megaman collections for Switch, so it seems like they'd rather port mostly older games right now to make the process quicker.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
seems fake to me imo, its probably just a mod and running te video on the switch, seems abit farfetched to release this game on switch, if it was a port of RE 4,5,6 i would beleive it more lol.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
seems fake to me imo, its probably just a mod and running te video on the switch, seems abit farfetched to release this game on switch, if it was a port of RE 4,5,6 i would beleive it more lol.
But RE4 is way older than UMvC3...

They just wanna take us for a ride, don't fall for it!
I mean I'm not gonna die if it doesn't happen, but UMvC3 would be a good one to have on Switch, especially if they price it like they did for the Steam release ($25).

D

Deleted User

It could be legit. However, the dark room and the fact that we can't really see the Switch except for the screen are cause for suspicion.

However, given Capcom's trend of porting older games to the Switch, it is totally possible that we will see an UMvC3 port in the future.

The gameplay for marvel vs capcom infinite is fine for people who actually tried the game. It's everything else that's the problem, even though i personally don't mind the graphics despite the way they are.
Haven't played myself, but I've heard from others that the game can't stick to a consistent artstyle, with some models going off different proportions than others. That's honestly nothing new with Capcom games. Just look back to Capcom vs. SNK 2; that game's art direction was all over the place, with SFA and Neo Geo sprites juxtaposed against each other. I guess instead of reusing sprites, they've turned to reusing models instead.

Reactions: cvskid

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But RE4 is way older than UMvC3...

I mean I'm not gonna die if it doesn't happen, but UMvC3 would be a good one to have on Switch, especially if they price it like they did for the Steam release ($25).
but they already brough 2 of re titles on switch so some more wouldnt be rare imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: