northerngeezer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am trying to play Mario Kart online but the DSi will not connect and yet I can use the Web browser without any problems. I have a 'd-link DSL-2640R' router. I have googled the problem but can not find any solutions.

I am using AKAIO 1.5.1

I would appreciate any help

Thankyou

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't get it to work on sisters DSi either, but it works in her kids DS Lites even if I use her AK and MSD. The DSi won't even see an access point let alone connect to it when running from the AK. The DSi itself connects fine to the router for both DS and DSi modes if I go through the DSi settings menu, but the AK doesn't want to know. So i've no idea what the problem is as others on here seem to have it working.

northerngeezer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do I need to change my security to WEP and if so, will that make my access more vulnerable to hackers.
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I am not sure are you using same router in all of these examples, but I am not sure - are you sure the router settings are right in the DSi? ARE you using WPA or WEP

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
northerngeezer said:
So do I need to change my security to WEP and if so, will that make my access more vulnerable to hackers.
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
Yes you have to change to WEP, yes it will make it vulnerable. It takes about 15minutes to crack a WEP connection using freely avalible tools. You can turn on MAC address filtering, but it won't stop them. You can turn off SSID broadcasting; i've found WFC and games will work with it off, but AKAIO seems to need SSID on to be able to update via WiFi.

Also change the default password for the router. Once they've cracked your WEP password, your router is next.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JereTHEend said:
I am not sure are you using same router in all of these examples, but I am not sure - are you sure the router settings are right in the DSi? ARE you using WPA or WEP
Same router, using WEP security. SSID broadcasting is on and Wireless isolation is off. The DSi connects to WiFi using an original cart, and I updated the FW to test the WiFI was working fine. Her DSi just refuses to see any wireless networks using WFC setup in Mario Kart etc, it also won't connect multiplayer to her 3 kids DS Lites. The 3 DSL's all connect to each other and will go online using WFC. Download play is enabled in the settings in AKAIO on each of the karts.

I initially assumed it was where the DSi hasn't been cracked yet, but from seaching on here it seems that it's fine for every one else.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
tk_saturn said:
JereTHEend said:
Same router, using WEP security. SSID broadcasting is on and Wireless isolation is off. The DSi connects to WiFi using an original cart, and I updated the FW to test the WiFI was working fine. Her DSi just refuses to see any wireless networks using WFC setup in Mario Kart etc, it also won't connect multiplayer to her 3 kids DS Lites. The 3 DSL's all connect to each other and will go online using WFC. Download play is enabled in the settings in AKAIO on each of the karts.

I initially assumed it was where the DSi hasn't been cracked yet, but from seaching on here it seems that it's fine for every one else.

Ok this is mighty weird...

Last hope: Try making the "download play" enforced from system settings ( just open it and search trhough, not hard to miss and enable)

and if not... Check if your acekard possibly is a fake... (that too could be it)

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JereTHEend said:

Last hope: Try making the "download play" enforced from system settings ( just open it and search trhough, not hard to miss and enable)

and if not... Check if your acekard possibly is a fake... (that too could be it)
I've both enabled download play by default and specifically enabled it for Mario Kart. The cards are genuine, 2 were from 7dayshop which explictly state as such. I can take the AK2i from the DSi and it works fine wirelessly in DS Lite. I've tried one of AK2i's from the kids DS Lites and that didn't work wirelessly in the DSi either. She also has a 2 neighbours with WEP routers, the DSi doesn't see any access points at all.

I'll have another look when I next go over there as it is puzzling me.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
tk_saturn said:
JereTHEend said:

I've both enabled download play by default and specifically enabled it for Mario Kart. The cards are genuine, 2 were from 7dayshop which explictly state as such. I can take the AK2i from the DSi and it works fine wirelessly in DS Lite. I've tried one of AK2i's from the kids DS Lites and that didn't work wirelessly in the DSi either. She also has a 2 neighbours with WEP routers, the DSi doesn't see any access points at all.

I'll have another look when I next go over there as it is puzzling me.
Do you happen to have bridged router?

I am not sure how british ISP's work, but I happen to have problem after I bridged my router (So other kinds of problems was solved) that my ISP issues only 5 IP addresses, and when My friend came over, he was connected, my sister with netbook, my PC, and my iPod accidentally (and also My friend got two IP's since he connected first with Wire and then wireless)

So, then my DS would not connect, even though all other devices work.

Or, it could be router MAC address filter what was problem with one of my friends not getting to wifi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.