Mario Party 10 - Black screen lockup

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Oz Serpersu, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Oz Serpersu
    OP

Oz Serpersu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    United States
    When Mario Party 10 loads using MiiMaker it goes to a black screen and locks up - using loadiine gx2 on 5.5.1.

Based on some of the other comments on here I've tried
    - Renaming the EU_English folder to US_English
    - Renaming the title ID to E instead of P
    - Grabbed a copy of the us version of app.xml and cos.xml
    - Tried two different SD cards formatted FAT32 32kb

When I pick SSB method - I get the MiiMaker app to run but once it exits it goes back to the main menu.

Anything else left to try? Thanks in advance!

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
  3. Oz Serpersu
    OP

Oz Serpersu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    United States
    Thats not really the same issue as he was getting an error message and not solely the black screen and didnt want to hijack the thread

4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Read it again he is getting a black screen in Mario party with no other errors the errors are on two other games. Plus the thread tells you how to fix the black screen. And the mods on here prefer you ask things in threads that have already been created asking your questions rather than the site getting clogged up with multiple threads all asking the same thing.

5. Oz Serpersu
    OP

Oz Serpersu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    United States
  6. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    In the thread I linked to read the third post for the solution. That solution has worked for me and many other people.

Last edited by Marko76, Jun 2, 2016
  7. Oz Serpersu
    OP

Oz Serpersu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    United States
  8. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Checked the thread on three different devices and post 3 all show the solution for me so nor sure why you can't see it so I will tell you the solution. It's this simple on the black screen press the home button then press resume this fixes the black screen. Like I said this has worked for me and many others.

9. Oz Serpersu
    OP

Oz Serpersu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    United States
    The comment "Mario Party 10 always freezes for me on the 1st mini-game. What works for me is pressing the home button, then pressing resume. That has unfroze it for me 100% of the time."

I assumed that was after the game actually loaded and runs - when I get to the black screen no buttons function and you have to recycle the power to get it back - maybe I should have mentioned that too.

10. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Oh right I see sorry for the confusion so you get the black screen as soon as you load it so then can I ask how long have you left it on the black screen and also what cluster size is your sd card. Edit just seen you are cluster size 32 I have had numerous games black screen on cluster size 32 but changing to 64 fixed this.

11. Oz Serpersu
    OP

Oz Serpersu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    United States
    Yup - as soon as it loads - the screen goes black and doesn't respond to anything.

Alright - I'll try 64k clusters and see if that does any better - haven't tried that yet.

Thanks for the help!

12. Oz Serpersu
    OP

Oz Serpersu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    United States
    No dice - use guiformater to format to FAT32 - tried both 32 and 64kb - still same result. All the other games run just fine. Thoughts?