ROM Hack Discussion Mario Maker 2 Level Sharing Experiment

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm curious whether or not the stage saves can be transplanted between consoles just like Smash. To test this, I've uploaded the 3 files for one level I just threw together. If someone could try downloading these and importing them into their save and see how it appears in-game, that would be great.
Do keep in mind that from my tests, you can't just add more, you need to make one and then replace it. There must be another flag set in another save file (just like Smash Ultimate).

EDIT: For clarity, you don't need to do literally anything special to see the course data. Just back up the saves and they're at the root of the backup folder...

Attachments

• Level Test.7z
    896.3 KB · Views: 279
Last edited by OkazakiTheOtaku,
Reactions: Nonoax and Mchi5

JAMVisuals

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious whether or not the stage saves can be transplanted between consoles just like Smash. To test this, I've uploaded the 3 files for one level I just threw together. If someone could try downloading these and importing them into their save and see how it appears in-game, that would be great.
Do keep in mind that from my tests, you can't just add more, you need to make one and then replace it. There must be another flag set in another save file (just like Smash Ultimate).

EDIT: For clarity, you don't need to do literally anything special to see the course data. Just back up the saves and they're at the root of the backup folder...
EDIT: Think I got it to work. It is titled "World 1-3" died as soon as it started LOL

Last edited by JAMVisuals,
Reactions: Nonoax

AdamMudkip

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

It works! But you need to make the level with the number in file. After that you can replace files in the backup and restore it. You can test my level too)

Attachments

• SMM2 level.7z
    896.3 KB · Views: 206
Reactions: Nonoax

fatlili12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello. Thanks for the levels on the website. Do you plan to pack these ? would be great if one can download a lot of levels in a single file.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello. Thanks for the levels on the website. Do you plan to pack these ? would be great if one can download a lot of levels in a single file.
This won't be so easy as levels need to be injected correctly one after the other in the specific slots.
However @blawar could add an "import zip" option into his homebrew (and "multiple select" and "download as zip" options to his website obviously) to deal with that for those who really wanna stay in airplane mode.
There's no downside in going online with solutions like 90DNS to fully take advantage of that homebrew though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A type of fish