ReDevil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the R4i is a scam... maybe there both the same cart? Who knows. I dont plan on getting a DSi anytime soon, so maybe I will get the R4 Upgrade for my DS.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Lol, your probably right, i may have just discovered a intense undercover organisation!

The main thing is that it works and im amazed, Pretty good for a clone
happy.gif
XD
Or there is a possibility that the card is actually an r4i card just wrong shell, but then i guess it wouldnt play in a ds lite? oh well

leonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
InuYasha said:
leonster said:
So why, exactly, are we not supposed to get pre-made versions of YSMenu? I consider myself fairly tech and computer savvy as far as ordinary things go--heck, even out-of-the-ordinary, such as manually tearing apart my Wii modchip to get it to work in a different region than it was designed for! But even as an occasional user of Linux, I've never compiled anything from scratch, and don't see any need to do so now, when I could just download a zip file and place it on my card.

??

Simple answer,the creator of YSmenu doesn't like having premade links posted on forums and such and has threatened to cut off working on it anymore if premade versions are posted,but from what I hear there hasn't been an update in a few months he may have already stopped support.....

Yeah I got that, but my question still stands: Why? I mean, why does he bother making this piece of software, if he doesn't want average people to be able to use it? If he's just making it for himself, why release it online at all?

Just seems really peculiar... like he wants to show everyone he can program really well, yet doesn't want anyone to actually be able to use his stuff without jumping through 26 hoops...

mikeym1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all the people who have sent me messages regarding the YSMenu I've used to get this game running properly for me, I apologize. There are rules at the website and I intend to abide by them so as to not be banned. Though, I'm pretty confident the one I'm using isn't that difficult to find if you guys do a little searching.

bin101

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got mine to work with YSMenu (R4)...but I don't know why when I finish with big bowser level...it stalls...can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

El Rey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the original r4 and r4sdhc. On the r4 I am using ysmenu and on the r4sdhc I am using v1.24. I am unable to make Mario and Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story work. Both cards will not get past the create a new file screen. Tried the r4i v1.11 firmware and it will not work with my cards. The r4/r4i firmware cards says it can not find the menu.dat and the r4sdhc/r4i firmware is not recognized by card and the ds will not load it. Any suggestions.

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
El Rey said:
I have the original r4 and r4sdhc. On the r4 I am using ysmenu and on the r4sdhc I am using v1.24. I am unable to make Mario and Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story work. Both cards will not get past the create a new file screen. Tried the r4i v1.11 firmware and it will not work with my cards. The r4/r4i firmware cards says it can not find the menu.dat and the r4sdhc/r4i firmware is not recognized by card and the ds will not load it. Any suggestions.

YSMenu

Use that guide for your R4. Also, make sure your R4 is an original.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
For all those people redirecting people, Thats YOU Bluelaserman! XD I like you and all but he said he has a R4 SDHC, And i give you this quote from that thread

QUOTE said:
List of r4 clones that ysmenu DOES NOT work on:
1. R4 Neo.
2. R4 SDHC.
3. R4i Pro Gold.

If you have any of these 3 cards, to my understanding YSMenu will NOT work on your card!

Zeromod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please follow Bluelasermans link and read it, you will find that thanks to Bluelaserman that YSmenu now works with clone cards when using YSmenu a little differently.

El Rey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluelaserman said:
El Rey said:

YSMenu

Use that guide for your R4. Also, make sure your R4 is an original.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, IT LOOKS LIKE I HAD AN OLDER VERSION OF YSMENU. ALL I DID WAS UPDATE MY YSMENU.

El Rey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
For all those people redirecting people, Thats YOU Bluelaserman! XD I like you and all but he said he has a R4 SDHC, And i give you this quote from that thread

QUOTE said:
List of r4 clones that ysmenu DOES NOT work on:
1. R4 Neo.
2. R4 SDHC.
3. R4i Pro Gold.

If you have any of these 3 cards, to my understanding YSMenu will NOT work on your card!

I believe my post indicated that I was using ysmenu on my original r4. All I did was update to a new version of ysmenu. Thanks for the list of r4 cards that do not work with ysmenu.

killerkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have Original R4, i tried YSmenu with Mario and Luigi Bowsers inside story. But the games frezees when Bowser tries to enter the ship at the beginning of the game, it's the second time when you play with bowser (the first time was just the tutorial). I also tried Wood R4 and it freezed on the same place. The game is NOT patched. Any guess? Where can i download the latest YSmenu?
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: No. but I hear they might get a Lego set :rofl2::tpi: