Misc Mario Kart Wii - disconnects just before race

pitweasel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this one has me baffled. I consider myself to be rather tech savvy, but I can't figure out what's going on here. My newly developed problem is this: I'll sign onto WFC, select my character and kart, be assigned to a group of other racers, then sent to watch the current race before mine comes up. After that race concludes, however, it just says "waiting..." for a minute before saying "you have been disconnected from the other players".

Yes, it's a legitimate, retail purchased disc. I haven't made any recent changes to the Wii or my internet settings/router, etc. I haven't altered anything that, in my mind, should be causing this to happen. What's bizarre is that obviously I can still connect to WFC, as I can get assigned to a race, but then it always craps out on me before I actually get to play. It worked fine for months, then it just stopped. Any ideas? Thanks!

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a similar thing, its worked for months, then i stopped playing mario kart for a few months go back try it cant get it to connect ever right as the race starts it boots me everytime, whether i play with friends or just random people, or 1-2 players. And it does it whether i boot from the game disc or USB loader exact same thing, brawl and other online games work fine, and i dont have torrents or anything else using bandwith for that matter so i know thats not the problem, anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Unless its a wireless issue, my isp does kinda suck but i should still be able to play online games, im using a linksys router maybe thats the problem? I've checked around found nothing

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
a got a similar problem with battalion wars 2, you are able to conect to WFC, finds, users, loads match the then it suddenly disconnect..... i heard its a cISO issue, not sure, im still waiting for a solution.
MK should works though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill