MARIO KART OWNS

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by osirisFIVE, Mar 28, 2008.

Mar 28, 2008

MARIO KART OWNS by osirisFIVE at 9:55 AM (4,255 Views / 0 Likes) 30 replies

1. osirisFIVE
    OP

Member osirisFIVE GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    I'm sure you all GBATempers are familiar with what Mario Kart has to offer.

i.e.,
    Snaking-free (You hold down the power button to charge up a boost instead)
    There are Bikes.
    You do tricks in-race to get a boost.
    Online Multiplayer with 12 different people across the world.

But, what I'm getting at is the new leaderboards.

I think it's amazing that, THERE'S A MARIO KART CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111ONEONEONE

Seriously, I'm not sure about the full features of the channel, but I just know that without inserting the Mario Kart Wii disc, you can access global highscores, check out how your ghost data fares with the rest of the world, and check if your fellow Mario Kart-ers are online right now (with friend codes).

GAMETRAILER VIDEO LINK!!!

April 11, guys... can't wait at all [​IMG]

2. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    Why don't they just release a Nintendo WFC channel for all games that utilize the WFC?

On that note, why don't they do away with FC's and allow us to add each other to a list similar to Xbox Live and view each other's online/offline status and such? I can dream...

3. katsuce

Member katsuce GBAtemp Fan

France
    wow that's totally AWESOME you can now do something you were able to do back in 1998 on the dreamcast !!!!!11!1

srsly people...

4. Gifted1

Member Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for the video. I really cant wait now to play this game. Brawl & MK are gonna keep me busy for a long time until something else big comes out.

5. rasputin

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    edit.. oops

6. bosscolor

Member bosscolor GBAtemp Fan

France
    the best mk

7. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Yay, 12 player lagfest

I'm not too hyped about Mario Kart, especially not until there's a way to play it without sacrificing Truchability...I've got my copy pre-ordered, and I'm going to spend a lot of time with it, but after 5 years since the last Mario Kart game on a home console (which already was a disappointment for many people...not for me, though), and most likely another 5 years till the next, shouldn't we expect a bit more? [​IMG]

There's only one Mario Kart per generation, and this it? MKDS 1.5 Soccer Mom Edition = Mario Kart Wii?
    They could have done way better, and Mario Kart, Nintendo's most popular multiplayer franchise, does deserve better than this...just compare it to SSBB and you'll notice a huge difference in attention to detail, number of features, content, music, graphics ( [​IMG] yes, graphics should not be on the end of the list when comparing games) and overall production value...Why doesn't Mario Kart deserve to look as pretty as Smash Bros. Brawl or have any collectibles or have as many playable characters or such a great soundtrack? [​IMG]

Also, what the hell were they on when they decided to release the game only a month after SSBB? [​IMG]
    They had like all year to continue improving the game, but instead decide to release it so early that most players will still be busy playing Brawl...What's the big idea? (And this is the first time I've ever complained about an early release for a game [​IMG] )
    Now I don't want to make any wrong accusations, but I've yet to see a Nintendo game with an online mode that doesn't have plenty of room for improvements (read: that isn't broken / doesn't suck)...Everything's gonna be alright if they didn't fuck it up this time, but my experience so far gives me no choice but to highly doubt that...and seeing how not a single Nintendo game is dated for June, it'd be a shame if the online mode had flaws (like still having no anti-cheating measures of some sort) when they had plenty of time to fix them...

8. Arno

Member Arno GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Who's to say they're not going to delay it like they did Brawl in order to add more features, etc.?

9. katsuce

Member katsuce GBAtemp Fan

France
    they won't delay it because they F***ING REMOVED FEATURES. you won't be able to race with friends against the CPU anymore (FYI, in all MK games released before MK DS, you could have two players playing a championship against 6 CPU controlled karts... on DS, you could play a championship with up to 8 players, missing karts being controlled by the computer. now you can do none of those)

but I guess that's the deal with ntards (no particular offense meant here): remove features, they'll still buy millions of it. but that's another discussion, so I'll just leave it at that

10. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Nope, you can still play the Grand Prix mode with two players, contrary to what the Eurogamer review said...they've already corrected that mistake in their review...
    It still sucks that the Battle Mode doesn't allow free-for-all games, only Team Battle [​IMG]
    That doesn't bother me as much, though...but still, is there any excuse (or any reason) it's not in the game?

11. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    only team play in battle mode seem really stupid to me. it really should be free for all

12. finite

Member finite GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I hope stunts aren't the new snaking, but it sure sounds like it and looks equally merde.

13. Kiok

Member Kiok GBAtemp Regular

Jamaica
    +1

14. drock360

Member drock360 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is going to be so sick! This looks like the best Mario Kart evar! And for all you haters, just get a wiikey so you don't have to buy the game and stop complaining.

15. Tragedies

Member Tragedies GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    It looks good. Im not sure about the Wheel. When I bought my Wii it came with a chea 'sports pack', I'm sure you've seen them around. It had a wheel too (like Nintendo's Wheel, but half a handle rather then completely circle.) and I don't know if I should use it.

Do you think the Wheel will make any difference?

16. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Seems like they crapped this one out as fast as possible. I'd rather thy take their time than give us something like another Mario Party 8. Maybe I'm speaking too soon though.

17. FaRReR

Member FaRReR GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    in a video i watched it looked like it made a huge difference in noob playability. I'm talking about Grandma being able to pick up the Wii Wheel and play MKWii.

18. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    No lame snaking = instant win. That crap really ruined the balance of the game in the DS version (only version I ever played).

19. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    Shouldn't it just be called the Wiil?

20. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    You don't get what we're saying. We've waited five ****ing years for this game, and this pile of steaming shit is all they offer us? the graphics look horrid compared to half the wii games out there, various game modes that should be in aren't, and whats worse: The lack of stages. Smash bros gave us stage editor, why not a track maker for MKWii? Why not include every old track ever created and have like 50 new ones? God knows they could do it with DL - that would be a hella lot better than 18 characters which feel like only 4 (heavy, light, medium, and super tight controls). And there is little to no customisability. How about a full blown buy-n-create-carts mode?

For how long they had to work on this, the amount of content in it is pathetic. And online is gay as it always is.
    Nintendo: Where we cater to casuals and have no idea how the fuck to make a game with good online play!