Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tragedies said:
You reckon they'll make more mario Tracks via WiiWare? That sucks.

You think that has suck potential?

You should see what they are doing to FFCC Wii, with WiiWare ... you have to buy almost every damn thing as extras.

Other races, weapons, quests, locations, items, armor ... all of it ... is extra purchasable content.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
finite said:
I hope stunts aren't the new snaking, but it sure sounds like it and looks equally merde.
If stunts give you a boost, why wouldnt you take advantage of that? Dead set, half the population are complete idiots.

IMO, theres a good chance all the elite players are going to be driving bikes and doing mono's everywhere for its boost. That and they dont lose speed off road.
Stunts give you a fair bit of lost time in hangtime, so we might see people drifting around the jumps alltogether. In MKDS and MK64 you would never hit a jump if you could go around it. We'll have to wait and see whats faster...

finite

Trophies
XP
Country
Because stunts look w**k and have little to do with racing, if I wanted to do stunts I'd play Excite Suck.

Yes what an idiot for expecting to do some actual racing in karts as in the SNES version I was so fond of back in the day. I was really looking forward the the speed bonus for juggling two or more remotes on the straights, but apparently it didn't make the cut.

martin633

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I liked the preview. Will pre order it soon. I only play THE BEST mariokart ever now.. the one on the SNES
tongue.gif

What do you guys think about the wheel? I guess the most easy way to play is with a gc-controller... Not that i have one...

osirisFIVE

OP
Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
martin633 said:
What do you guys think about the wheel? I guess the most easy way to play is with a gc-controller... Not that i have one...

I think the wheel is a total gimmick.
Although, I don't see myself playing with analog controls.

Being, the casual gamer that I am, I'd rather sit with my friends playing with motion controls just to observe how retarded we seem. Yeah, that's where I get my fun... pretty weird.

Gimmick controls FTW

QUOTE(shadowboy @ Mar 30 2008, 02:03 PM) You don't get what we're saying. We've waited five ****ing years for this game, and this pile of steaming shit is all they offer us? the graphics look horrid compared to half the wii games out there, various game modes that should be in aren't, and whats worse: The lack of stages. Smash bros gave us stage editor, why not a track maker for MKWii? Why not include every old track ever created and have like 50 new ones? God knows they could do it with DL - that would be a hella lot better than 18 characters which feel like only 4 (heavy, light, medium, and super tight controls). And there is little to no customisability. How about a full blown buy-n-create-carts mode?

Yeah, I agree with you shadowboy.

Haha, you should be part of Nintendo's creative team.
The Track Editor and Kart customizability would've been a nice touch.

I'm sort of okay with them being not there though.
I've never really been much of a 'Hardcore' MK fan, so I've never followed the 'evoulation' of it. (I only own a MKDS)

But yeah, I hope the multiplayer lives up to expectations.

finite

Trophies
XP
Country
The plastic housing is a gimmick, but imo the best thing about prostreet was the motion steering..surely Nintendo have improved on that further still.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
shadowboy said:
drock360 said:
This is going to be so sick! This looks like the best Mario Kart evar! And for all you haters, just get a wiikey so you don't have to buy the game and stop complaining.
You don't get what we're saying. We've waited five ****ing years for this game, and this pile of steaming shit is all they offer us? the graphics look horrid compared to half the wii games out there, various game modes that should be in aren't, and whats worse: The lack of stages. Smash bros gave us stage editor, why not a track maker for MKWii? Why not include every old track ever created and have like 50 new ones? God knows they could do it with DL - that would be a hella lot better than 18 characters which feel like only 4 (heavy, light, medium, and super tight controls). And there is little to no customisability. How about a full blown buy-n-create-carts mode?

For how long they had to work on this, the amount of content in it is pathetic. And online is gay as it always is.
Nintendo: Where we cater to casuals and have no idea how the fuck to make a game with good online play!
It would have been fun, yeah, but honestly, plain vanilla mario kart is enough. Plus, there's battle mode online now, right?

osirisFIVE

OP
Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
finite said:
The plastic housing is a gimmick, but imo the best thing about prostreet was the motion steering..surely Nintendo have improved on that further still.

I'd prefer the Motion Steering over analog any day.

It's more interesting to compete with something no one competes with.
Everyone's too used to analog controls it's getting... mundane.

Haha, then again, I'm could only be saying that because I suck at racing games in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.