Hacking mario kart error 001 with wiikey 1.9g after playing online

ziddey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've jumped on 1.9g long ago and never had any issues with smg, ssbb, mk. But I always stayed offline. The other day I went online for the first time, and it seems that since then, when I load mario kart ntsc, I'm greeted with error 001.

Need to actually patch and burn now? Or does wiikey 1.9s handle this?

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's just a coincidence. My WiiKey is still at 1.9g and I'll get a 001 error every once in a great while (~ 1%) on SMG and MKWii. I've seen reports of it happening to people with 1.9s as well. Are all of your other backups working fine or are you getting DREs you didn't get before? Are you getting a 001 error every time you run MKWii or just a few times?

xboxinoz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use a Wii with Wiikey 1.9g and also suffered a few surprising 001 error messages with Mario Kart however this usually happened when I had the Mario Kart DVD already in the Wii's drive when I switched the Wii on.

Not sure if this is a coincidence or not but I've now taken to always removing DVDs before I turn the Wii off and have never (touch wood) had the 001 error again in recent weeks when I have inserted the DVD after having already switched the Wii on.

ziddey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Sorry for the false alarm. It works again now it seems. I've had the same disc in the wii for the past month and never had any issues.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the 001 also happens on non-modded people from time to time, just a bug. If you're at 1.9G you should be fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over