Ray =D

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When I extracted the Mario Kart DS sound data folder, and edited the SSEQ's, SBNK's...etc. and made at the end a sdat file, it has 0 bytes o0 Means: NO MUSIC. Why is this? Because the files have the file format ending? (.sbnk, .swav, .sseq, ...) If yes, how can I extract the sound data folder without the file format endings?

Ray =D

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did it with this, but then the .sdat is 0 bytes big
frown.gif
Could it be, because the file format endings are there?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some people have reported more success by having the program on the root of the drive (no space character in the directory name). Personally I still suggest people manually rebuild/edit the file.

GuardianSoul

Translator
Trophies
Website
www.guardiansoul.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try to import the SSEQ's and SBNK's using CrystalTile, so you don't have to rebuild the .sdat at all.

Just open the original .sdat file, so a list with the contents of the file will appear (press F2 if not). Right click the item you want to replace, select import, and select the new file. Make sure the file size of the new file doesn't exceed the original file size.

As for the "file format endings" (I think you mean file extensions), they should be there so that's not the problem.

Maybe my guide could help you for importing custom SSEQ's, because normally they won't work right away.

Ray =D

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gericom said:
You can create a new sdat file for mkds with NDS Editor 0.1 (by kiwi.ds). You go to tools -> make sdat. Select your folder with files (look if the folder names are correct) and untick: 'include symb block'. Select a outputfolder and press ok.

Download NDS Editor 0.1 here: http://filetrip.net/f5658-NDS-Editor-0-1.html

Because the file format endings ARE there, i dont have to tick "include symb block" then it works. I will upload a test todaay
biggrin.gif

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I said that allready:
QUOTE said:
... Select your folder with files (look if the folder names are correct) and untick: 'include symb block'. ...

Edit: Sorry I didn't read your post good.

Ray =D

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here's it. I also replaced the sbnk and swar files, but the music sounds not like the original. Also the sounds of the menu and the courses seam to be linked to the sseq file.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/fTpIpBkBNew[/youtube]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-