Homebrew Mario Kart 8 Ultimate, download the alpha now! 104 additional courses to the base game!

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mods for the MK8 Gamebanana page, where most MK8 mods come from, has apparently banned porting the new DLC tracks to the Wii U version because of “piracy”. You could probably get people to port the Tour versions of the tracks into the Wii U game, because that’s acceptable for some reason. Sone of them have already been done like Ninja Hideaway.
A fair amount of the DLC tracks were ported though, my understanding was that GameBanana was ok with it for some reason, I distinctly remember someone explaining why they were ok with it in some comment thread on one of the ports, but don't remember the actual reasoning. Perhaps their opinion on the matter has changed for one reason or another.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The mods for the MK8 Gamebanana page, where most MK8 mods come from, has apparently banned porting the new DLC tracks to the Wii U version because of “piracy”. You could probably get people to port the Tour versions of the tracks into the Wii U game, because that’s acceptable for some reason. Sone of them have already been done like Ninja Hideaway.
Really? Wow, that makes absolutely zero sense. People were porting tracks from DS, 3DS, Wii, Tour, Wii U, SNES, GBA and Switch back and forth the whole time but in this case it's piracy? lol!

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see the argument for not allowing the new MK8 Deluxe DLC tracks being ported over others.

Tour is a free to play game right? Sure there are in app purchases but that's optional. Other tracks from older unavailable games are also being remade or ripped, and those games aren't currently sold either.

ColdBlitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow so any other game its alright but the line is drawn at dlc porting wow I mean its not like there aren't any other options because we don't need to rely on game banana many people have used google drive for ages
Post automatically merged:

I have just one question, can i aply this mod with download version of MK8 thats installed on USB HDD ? Or do i need disk version.
no you need a wup version to use the mod

2dsAndWiiUOwner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help everytime i try to bootmk8 ultimate it give me an error that says couldnt load ui/cmn/ctgp.szs

:Dhere is a proper version of my text so..

Hello! i am jack! i love ur Mario Kart 8 Ultimate mod
but i have some trouble to run the modpack :sad:
after renaming the files (because im in the europe :mellow:)
opening and turning on the plugin and apply patch
and booting mario kart 8..it haves the original booting screen
and guess what comes..the game? no! just joking! our good old freind the error!:cry:
it gives me couldnt load ui/cmn/ctgp.szs! i checked if there is the "ctgp.szs" and there he is ! i
do not know what is causing the error if someone has experienced this before and fixed i would love to hear! :cry::yayu:

Last edited by 2dsAndWiiUOwner,

crispyfriedKFCrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so, ive still been having the same problem as ages ago with the exception type 2 error/crash thing, and i was wondering whether you knew exactly what caused it? my (very bad) theory is that it has something to do with the wii u's internal storage, as im using an 8gb wii u, and the mod is quite big and i dont have 2gb of wii u storage. while i dont know how exactly mkuloader works, i was thinking that if my idea was correct then it means that the wii u sort of moves stuff to the main wii u ig and then runs it from there or something along those lines? i know literally nothing technical but i mean it is a guess, seeming as most people have black wii us and most people got it to work. also i did a quick google search and i havent been able to find anything at all about exception type 2. thanks for reading ig

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, ive still been having the same problem as ages ago with the exception type 2 error/crash thing, and i was wondering whether you knew exactly what caused it? my (very bad) theory is that it has something to do with the wii u's internal storage, as im using an 8gb wii u, and the mod is quite big and i dont have 2gb of wii u storage. while i dont know how exactly mkuloader works, i was thinking that if my idea was correct then it means that the wii u sort of moves stuff to the main wii u ig and then runs it from there or something along those lines? i know literally nothing technical but i mean it is a guess, seeming as most people have black wii us and most people got it to work. also i did a quick google search and i havent been able to find anything at all about exception type 2. thanks for reading ig
Internal storage size makes no difference to the mod working. Are you using a US copy of the game? If not, properly adjust for your region, PAL region copies are catered to, but they're not as out of the box plug and play as this is for US copies.

crispyfriedKFCrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Internal storage size makes no difference to the mod working. Are you using a US copy of the game? If not, properly adjust for your region, PAL region copies are catered to, but they're not as out of the box plug and play as this is for US copies.
thats the thing, i have made all the changes i needed to according to the readme and the other file you provided. i guess it just doesnt work on my wii u? my wii u does seem to be one of those wii us where stuff doesnt always work properly... and thing is it does recognise the mod, as when i load mariokart 8 for a split second i see mk8 ultimate before it gives me the crash. idk what to do at this point, such a shame that my wii us this weird because it looks like such a nice mod.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to play this despite the online servers being shut down for this until nintendo fixes the security issue with it?

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ^^,
Thank you very much for your work ! ^^.
I've a issu with my setting : I have no music in stages when I a race... Is there any way to fix that please ?

Dyhr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I not post the directions somewhere in this thread? I definitely put it in the YouTube comments months ago. Please note, these aren't my instructions, someone on the old CTGP-cafe discord had figured this out:

All you need to do to get this to work on Cemu is:
1. Install and enable CTGP Cafe
2. Download and extract MK8 Ultimate
3. Navigate to cemu\graphicPacks\Mario Kart 8\Mods and create a folder called Ultimate
4. Inside Ultimate create a file called rules.txt and give it the following contents
[Definition]
titleIds = 000500001010ec00,000500001010ed00,000500001010eb00
name = Mario Kart 8 Ultimate
path = "Mario Kart 8/Mods/Ultimate"
description = Enables custom UI and 104 custom tracks
version = 3
5. Move the content folder from Mario Kart 8 Ultimate\mk8uloader\vol\000500001010EC00 to your graphics pack
6. Now inside the content folder, cut the course folder and paste it in MK8's update folder
7. In Cemu, right click on MK8, click "Edit Graphics Packs" and enable "Ultimate"

People have said this works. So hopefully this gets the job done for you.
Doesn't seem to work. CTGP Cafe can't be installed, CTGP Cemu can't be installed either, placing the CTGP-CEMU (or Cafe) files in the MK8 install directory doesn't work either.

Considering Cemu, much like Dolphin, structures and utilizes data the same exact way as the actual console its emulating, I find the whole thing baffling.

Reactions: lordelan

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't seem to work. CTGP Cafe can't be installed, CTGP Cemu can't be installed either, placing the CTGP-CEMU (or Cafe) files in the MK8 install directory doesn't work either.

Considering Cemu, much like Dolphin, structures and utilizes data the same exact way as the actual console its emulating, I find the whole thing baffling.
Well I don't use CEMU, those are directions others have told me works. I'm sorry I can't be of more help with CEMU, but I can definitely confirm this will work on real hardware, that will always be what I mainly cater to here, and if you can get it working on CEMU, awesome, if not, well I'm sorry.

Hello ^^,
Thank you very much for your work ! ^^.
I've a issu with my setting : I have no music in stages when I a race... Is there any way to fix that please ?
I addressed this from the start: Music on new courses was not believed to be possible when I released the alpha. Only recently have I discovered how to properly add custom music to the extra stages, however about 7 or so of the 104 additional courses are not cooperating, so I've not yet made this version public, once I can hopefully get these remaining stages to work with music, then I'll share the update. Might still be a few weeks yet though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat